Newbie please help .

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by dizzydee, Aug 25, 2007.

Aug 25, 2007

Newbie please help . by dizzydee at 8:54 PM (977 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Ive just tried to update my R4 from, 1.09, to the new 1,11 english, forgot to to save all the data to pc, the new update isent working, or i am doing it wrong, now R4 not working at all, please help, thanks in advance, Dee, ps the cd that came with it is in chinese or honk kong, so im unable to load that back on, sorry to be thick [​IMG]

2. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Well you got a chinese R4 that means that if you downloaded the english firmware you need to patch it to work on a chinese R4 [​IMG]

But dont worry its easy heres the link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=681

3. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your swift reply, ill have ago now, ill let you know, cause i might need your help again, am oldie just learning the ropes, many thanks.

4. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    I told you i need you soon, lol, which do i need to down load, my brain is old, i need all the help i can get, my daughter is screaming at me right now, for breaking it, lol

5. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    oops so sorry found it, but once ive put it in the patcher, please what i do now, many thanks in advance Dee.

6. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you patched the _DS_MENU.DAT then copy all the contents of kernel 1.11 over to the root of the SD card with the new modified _DS_MENU.DAT, should work after that.

7. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Hi roguetrip, ive done what you say, but when i come to play a game it freezes on loading, any ideas, and thanks for your help so far, much appreciated.

8. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    its stuck on the cheats thingy, never had that on before, am i supposed to do something with that, sorry to be a noob, a thick one too, lol

9. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your help, roguetrip, now got it sorted, ive looked at all the post on r4, and down loaded the update and in english already patched, and works a treat. [​IMG]