Hacking Newbie - Needs help!!

Sarahp74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Im new to all this so I need a little help to solve a problem I have.

Im currently using the DSTT with a 2GB micro SD Card, and the firmware im using is v1.09.

I have no problems whatsoever in getting my games to work, I currently have 45 on my card, but I have found that when Im on the DS some games appear 2 even 3 times in the menu and some also have little icons next to them for instance a key.

Is this ok or is there something wrong... surely there should only be one of every game.

Please help.

Thanks Sarah

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's a tip ... and this is true with most carts ... if you are gonna pack a load of games on to them, put the games in a couple of folders ... maybe by genre or region, or something ...

Like all RPGs in one folder, all platformers in another, and so on ... the carts don't like it if there's too many files all in the same place ...

EDIT : Also, you only need to make one thread to ask for help ... multiple threads can cause you to get ignored ...

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I told Sarahp74 to move her thread here so that she could get more answers instead of posting it in the games section.. that was all
biggrin.gif

Mrbob2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just read this and was wondering.., ive heard that the card doesnt like a certain ammount of files on the root of the card. Im not aware of any probs with multiple games as i have a 4gb card with around 100 games in a folder called roms. Maybe im lucky lol

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Here's a tip ... and this is true with most carts ... if you are gonna pack a load of games on to them, put the games in a couple of folders ... maybe by genre or region, or something ...

Like all RPGs in one folder, all platformers in another, and so on ... the carts don't like it if there's too many files all in the same place ...

EDIT : Also, you only need to make one thread to ask for help ... multiple threads can cause you to get ignored ...
With the dstt official firmware its useless to put them in folders since they are all placed in one big list no matter which folder each file is in.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swip said:
thebobevil said:

With the dstt official firmware its useless to put them in folders since they are all placed in one big list no matter which folder each file is in.

Yes, they are in a single list, but it's better to have them in sub-folders ... trust me
smile.gif

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Swip said:
thebobevil said:

Yes, they are in a single list, but it's better to have them in sub-folders ... trust me
smile.gif

For what reason??

woland84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Swip said:
thebobevil said:

smile.gif

For what reason??

DSTT doesn't sort alphabetically but it sorts by folders. So for example if you put homebrews in separate folder they won't mix with your games in DSTT menu

@Sarahp74: good to hear
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is indeed a limit to the number of files that can be at the root of the microSD card, particularly with FAT16. At the very least, place all of your .nds files in a "games" folder (you can name it whatever you want, just put them all in at least one folder so they're not on the root).

-Bri

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, having all your files in root can cause the os to slow down. there are several posts across a few forums i visit with that issue. it's just a precautionary step to keep everything going smoothly. why argue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn