Newbie needs help!

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by christophervelez, Jul 19, 2007.

Jul 19, 2007

Newbie needs help! by christophervelez at 8:07 PM (643 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. christophervelez
    OP

Newcomer christophervelez Newbie

United States
    [​IMG] Ok, I have a GB Micro and a Supercard SD. I can emulate most NES games just fine. However, I read you can use moonshell for mp3's but when I try to use it, my GBM locks up every time. Anyone know why, or have an easier why to play mp3's with a GB?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Moonshell is a DS program; it won't run on the GBA. I don't think you can play MP3s on a GBA, it doesn't have the processing power to decode them fast enough.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    You can play music but you need to encode them to MPA

There is a guide at the link below, but I'm not sure if any easier ways have come out since as I don't really take interest in music players for GBA anymore. From what I remember the quality of the music was better than others I've tried but don't ever think that you'll get anything near MP3.
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/emulated/mu...nce_gba_mp3.htm

There are devices that will let you play MP3's but theres no point as you can get a proper MP3 player that is cheaper and will let you have more songs.

4. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Try GSMplayer