Newbie & need idiot proof help!!!

happy2bhere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, new to forum and very glad that i found you! OK, i'm someone of very little technical knowledge and my daughter owns a DS lite. I've heard various things about adding cards in order to listen to mp3's, watch videos and access internet via wi-fi. This is all i know!! I've heard terms like flash cards, R4's and DTTS but it means nothing to me. Could really do with an idiot proof guide.....pretty please!! Do you buy these cards pre-loaded with the required software, or are they just converters for smaller cards? Answers in child form please!!!!!!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the best flashkart out there is the cyclods, but if u want something simpler, get the acekard 2 or something. the flashkart is the size of a game cartridge. inside of it, u insert a microsd card. in order to get ur games, music or w/e, u take ur microsd card and connect to a computer via usb adapter. flashkarts use "software" called firmware to make them work. u simply load that into the microsd card. though it would be helpful if u specified which flashkart exactly.

happy2bhere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah starting to make sense....I've read somewhere that M3 DS REal out performs the cyclods...would you agree? Is there somewhere that offers a direct comparism of features of DSTT, M3 DS Real, CycloDS and acekard 2?

I basically want something that is fairly future proof and can handle 2gb memory easily without slowing applications down. It is mainly to use DS to listen to music, watch films, access internet via wifi (if possible?!) and copy games (ones that i already own of course!). I'm not really fussed about access to cheap modes.

I don't want any risk of data corruption to my ds...is this a risk with the above cards?

Sorry if this is a bore, but I'm technically challenged!!

EDIT
Also, whats a passkey and do i need one ? If so, where do you get them?!!

Hubby has just asked me what format the films would need to be in to be able to transfer them to DS...good question?!! And how would i transfer a dvd into the format required, as apparently our usual technique of DVD shrink wouldn't work? ! Soo many questions!!!!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think video files need to be in dpg format if i remember correctly, just find a converter that converts video files into dpg. If you buy a slot 1 card you don't need a passkey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.