Newbie, need help with Acekard 2i, and gba...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rboutin2, Dec 14, 2009.

Dec 14, 2009
  1. rboutin2
    OP

Newcomer rboutin2 Newbie

United States
    Okay, so i havent gotten my acekard 2i (its replacing my outdated r4ds) in the mail yet. But, i am thinking of getting a ez flash 3n1 so I can play my old gba games on my dsl. Now, i've got a pretty good understanding of almost everything about the nds roms and homebrew, etc. I do not, however, know anything about how to run my gba roms from the acekard 2i using the slot 2 device. I pretty much only know, you can put gba roms on ur acekard 2i, and that you have to have a slot 2 device to play them. I know nothing from there on. So, could someone please help point me in the right direction on how to play my gba roms? Many thanks!!!!

2. wiilovewii

Newcomer wiilovewii Member

United States
    to run gba roms from your acekard 2i all you need is your 3-in-1 inserted in slot-2 and the gba rom on your sd card, btw, what firmware are you using, i know that the AKAIO firware has built in support for 3-in-1 rumble, etc. i dont know about the regular firmware though...

anyway, hope this helps [​IMG]

3. rboutin2
    OP

Newcomer rboutin2 Newbie

United States
    i am planning on running the standard acekard 2i firmware to start off with, then i might upgrade to the akaio later. So, basically, I just put all my gba roms into a folder on the acekard's root menu, then when i load it up on my dsl, i just pick a game and it will laod as long as I have the ez flash 3n1 in slot 2? Wow, thats a lot easier than i thought it would be.

4. wiilovewii

Newcomer wiilovewii Member

United States
    yup, thats all you have to do, however, i would not linger on the standard firmware's doorstep any longer than is neccaccery. AKAIO>regfirm
    your truly

wiilovewii