Newbie looking for help with cart choices

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by webwierdo, Apr 23, 2008.

Apr 23, 2008
  1. webwierdo
    OP

Newcomer webwierdo Newbie

United States
    So first off I'll admit it. I'm a 21 year old college student who likes Pokemon. I find the games deep and complex (battle system not story) also very entertaining. There is little you can do to mock me so if that is why you are here then please troll somewhere else.

So I recently had the back pack I use to store all my games stolen. Now being a college student I don't have the money to replace all those games so a friend of mine pointed me to the world of flash carts. I read most of the reviews and have a decent understanding of how it all works but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer too. I really liked playing the Pokemon games so what combination of hardware do I need to buy to do the following.

Play Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald with a working clock to keep track of timed events
    Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the ability to link to GBA Pokemon games and transfer between
    Connect to Pokemon Colosseum(real copy) on the Wii using a Diamond/Pearl(rom copy)
    Connect to Wi-fi using Diamond/Pearl(rom copy) and battle/trade with people online.

Those are my priorities but I would like a flash cart with extra features as well like cheat device/ media player/ passme but not a requirement.

Any help is much appreciated thank you for your replies

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the M3R perfect is supposed to support NDS to GBA connectivity between the carts
    load up pokemon fire red rom for instance into the GBA expansion pak then load up the pokemon diamond rom into the DS and run it
    I havnt tested it yet though

and I dont have colosseum to test wii connectivity though its supposed to work
    it works on the G6R so it should also work on the M3R

3. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    defiently what Joe88 said.. Thats the way to go if you want to play GBA and NDS games.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
  5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I recommend you to go with M3 Real Perfect bundle too!!
    This pack does whatever you mentioned, plus bonus you ask for (cheat, media, passme)..but, if you like, use the link tinymonkeyt provided, and get some more information!

6. webwierdo
    OP

United States
    Does the M3R have a working clock for the GBA

7. Examo

Newcomer Examo Member

United Arab Emirates
    It's Pokemon Battle Revolution, not Colosseum.

Also, I've heard that even though G6R supports Wii connectivity, M3R does not for some reason. Maybe someone can verify this.

Another cart that supports Wii connectivity is CycloDS Evolution, but it's also the most expensive of all carts.

Apparently, there are currently no carts that support Wii connectivity with Pokemon Ranch, the WiiWare game.

8. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Although I don't like the M3 real, I've only heard positive things about the GBA compatibility with the M3 real perfect, so I'll recommend that.

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    From my understanding, the slot-2 M3 addon device that comes with the M3 Real does not have an RTC on it. The slot-2 M3 Perfect series has an RTC, as does the EZ-Flash III (not IV), but I don't think you'd be able to do the link-up from the GBA games to D/P with either of those (possibly M3 Perfect but I'm not sure about that). The Supercard DS can load a GBA game into a slot-2 Supercard product for linkup, but that wouldn't get you the RTC either (or DS-Wii linkup for that matter).

Perhaps you should consider getting the M3 Real pack (with the GBA addon, not RAM/Rumble) and an EZ-Flash III. This will give you the RTC capability for playing the GBA games, DS-Wii linkup with the DS games, and then you can just copy your save file from the EZ-III to the slot-2 M3 Real GBA pack when you wish to transfer Pokemon over to D/P. That's the cheapest combination I can think of that would fit all your criteria. I don't know how the price of the EZ-III compares to the M3 Perfect though, but I believe those two could be interchangeable since you'd just be using them for playing the GBA games, not transferring them to D/P.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread and it appears the M3 Real doesn't support DS-Wii linkup now? Gah, getting myself confused here.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    ^they had a downloadable text file on the a download section of some site for the M3R

im not far enough into pkm dia or pkm emr to test either though

and completely unsure about wii linkage because no one has any real proof
    only things that were confirmed were CycloDS and G6 Real

11. webwierdo
    OP

United States
    Thank you all for your help. It is much appreciated.

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    also be aware the eWin 3in1 doesnt support RTS (real time save)