Hacking Newbie looking for help with cart choices

webwierdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first off I'll admit it. I'm a 21 year old college student who likes Pokemon. I find the games deep and complex (battle system not story) also very entertaining. There is little you can do to mock me so if that is why you are here then please troll somewhere else.

So I recently had the back pack I use to store all my games stolen. Now being a college student I don't have the money to replace all those games so a friend of mine pointed me to the world of flash carts. I read most of the reviews and have a decent understanding of how it all works but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer too. I really liked playing the Pokemon games so what combination of hardware do I need to buy to do the following.

Play Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald with a working clock to keep track of timed events
Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the ability to link to GBA Pokemon games and transfer between
Connect to Pokemon Colosseum(real copy) on the Wii using a Diamond/Pearl(rom copy)
Connect to Wi-fi using Diamond/Pearl(rom copy) and battle/trade with people online.

Those are my priorities but I would like a flash cart with extra features as well like cheat device/ media player/ passme but not a requirement.

Any help is much appreciated thank you for your replies

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the M3R perfect is supposed to support NDS to GBA connectivity between the carts
load up pokemon fire red rom for instance into the GBA expansion pak then load up the pokemon diamond rom into the DS and run it
I havnt tested it yet though

and I dont have colosseum to test wii connectivity though its supposed to work
it works on the G6R so it should also work on the M3R

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
defiently what Joe88 said.. Thats the way to go if you want to play GBA and NDS games..
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I recommend you to go with M3 Real Perfect bundle too!!
This pack does whatever you mentioned, plus bonus you ask for (cheat, media, passme)..but, if you like, use the link tinymonkeyt provided, and get some more information!

Examo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's Pokemon Battle Revolution, not Colosseum.

Also, I've heard that even though G6R supports Wii connectivity, M3R does not for some reason. Maybe someone can verify this.

Another cart that supports Wii connectivity is CycloDS Evolution, but it's also the most expensive of all carts.

Apparently, there are currently no carts that support Wii connectivity with Pokemon Ranch, the WiiWare game.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, the slot-2 M3 addon device that comes with the M3 Real does not have an RTC on it. The slot-2 M3 Perfect series has an RTC, as does the EZ-Flash III (not IV), but I don't think you'd be able to do the link-up from the GBA games to D/P with either of those (possibly M3 Perfect but I'm not sure about that). The Supercard DS can load a GBA game into a slot-2 Supercard product for linkup, but that wouldn't get you the RTC either (or DS-Wii linkup for that matter).

Perhaps you should consider getting the M3 Real pack (with the GBA addon, not RAM/Rumble) and an EZ-Flash III. This will give you the RTC capability for playing the GBA games, DS-Wii linkup with the DS games, and then you can just copy your save file from the EZ-III to the slot-2 M3 Real GBA pack when you wish to transfer Pokemon over to D/P. That's the cheapest combination I can think of that would fit all your criteria. I don't know how the price of the EZ-III compares to the M3 Perfect though, but I believe those two could be interchangeable since you'd just be using them for playing the GBA games, not transferring them to D/P.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread and it appears the M3 Real doesn't support DS-Wii linkup now? Gah, getting myself confused here.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^they had a downloadable text file on the a download section of some site for the M3R

QUOTE said:
NDS-GBA linkage

Steps:
======

1. Prepare both nds and gba games. And make sure these 2 games are "nds-gba linkage" supported.
2. Copy the NDS game into the "nds" folder and copy the GBA game into the "gba" folder.
3. Make sure the "gba expansion pack" is inserted.
4. Power on NDS, enter into the "GBA game menu", select the GBA game and press "Y" to confirm. (It will load the game data into memory.)
5. Then, go back to the main menu, enter into the "NDS game menu", select the NDS game and run it as usual. The "nds-gba linkage" function should be activated.
im not far enough into pkm dia or pkm emr to test either though

and completely unsure about wii linkage because no one has any real proof
only things that were confirmed were CycloDS and G6 Real

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"