Hacking (Newbie) Kinda screwed up, can I start fresh?

R4N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
First, I'm sorry for my bad English
Second, heads up I made a lot of stupid mistakes
Third, I'm not good with software :)

This is the "gist" of it,
I have a Second-hand O3DS Ver.11.14.0-46U already CFW,
I updated Luma, GM9, TWIlight soon after realizing the OG owner didn't do a good job installing things,
It was pure luck everything went smoothly, I honestly didn't know what was I doing (only followed the guides).

• About 6 month in I got an error while playing some games, I do believe it was something about my SD cart was disconnected or something. I didn't follow through on the problem since re-inserting the SD card Fixed things (I have suspicion of the SD card being faulty or something, but couldn't afford a new one at the time).

• Not long after I would encounter error messages that forced me out of a game, it wasn't my SD card Disconnected (I think) since usually the homescreen would be blank, this time my game's icons are still there. If I remember correctly, it was Pokemon US. I didn't follow through with the problem since at the time I was dumb and naïve... And kinda lazy :/ . I did however delete the game, since it kept failing to open.

• I would encounter more errors that I didn't pay attention to because it would "fix itself" every time I re-open it or re-inserting my SD card... Also because I'm dumb :/

Now, i would pay attention more and would follow up every errors I encounter, problem is, I'm not good at fixing them :/

• Sango-1, Paradise, CTRNAND error, and also I would fail to install CIAs (though I managed to install them after I did some formatting), I recently encounter these error codes and some other I couldn't remember (sorry..).
I believe Sango-1 was something about Pokemon OR saves edits, I never edit saves besides restoring backups using Checkpoint (?), so what's up with that I do not know.
Paradise, I haven't dig into that one yet.
I have no idea what a NAND is let alone CTRNAND, I'm a bit stress out to understand it too.

I've been trying to fix things since Jan 3rd. I tried to format my SD card multiple times thinking maybe it's corrupted, I read through a lot of forums from 2017 - 2020 trying to understand what I'm facing here, I tried to clean my 3DS albeit never past the motherboard (I never unscrewed the motherboard since I know the 3DS is one fragile kitten and I don't have the necessary tools that make me confidence in opening it).

• to top it all off, now GM9 nor that other menu (Select+power button) wouldn't boot, nor will my 3DS boot the menu screen. I read a lot of things about this issue, one of them saying to wait it out. I waited, and it booted the menu screen, but no game icons not even a notification saying it failed to read the SD card. Great! (GM9 never boot, only when I take the SD card it boots)

Also... I woke up at 2 AM, boot the GM9 menu, realized it was outdated, so I download the new files, didn't know where to put things besides the boot.firm and scripts, ended up tracking similar file names and replacing them. I was not in my right mindset that morning. my 3DS doesn't like it, it refuses to boot, no matter how long I wait. Great job me! :)

---------------------------------------------------------
So....
That was rather long-winded
if you read all that, thank you :)
If have any clue on what I should do, please I would love to hear it.
Although, I'm giving up, I'm going to conclude my SD card is faulty and buy a new one.

Question :
Can I start over with a new SD card and without copying files from the old one?

And Since GM9, Luma, TWIlight Menu is already in my 3DS (Albeit Outdated),
Should I just prep up the SD card with the necessary files and updates?
if so where can I find the necessary files?
I forgot :)

Also, I don't have to update my 3DS to Ver.11.15+ and hack it again right?
I don't really want to do that whole... "Seedminer" thing, mostly because there's no PC at my home.

Thank you again :)

Kirbosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Have you tried installing just luma with the latest boot firm on another sd card to see if thats the problem? Also if you have cfw rosalina in the 3ds it should be fine to update it to the latest version as long as you use the latest luna boot.firm

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I start over with a new SD card and without copying files from the old one?
Yes, firstly you have to test the sdcard with h2testw to check it's not faulty to defective, with (both read&write) settings. Store your sd card contents beforehand if you care about what's in there. If it passes the test successfully, format it as FAT32 32KB cluster size. If not, you need to get a new sdcard.
Should I just prep up the SD card with the necessary files and updates?
Yes, just get the Luma3DS/GodMode9/FBI etc files from here and follow the guide carefully.
if so where can I find the necessary files?
Above.

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.