Hacking Newbie in ps4 scene. I have ps4 with 3.50. Is possible to do something?

mierdatuti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I have a ps4 for 5 years ago. I'm not use since 2017. I turn on and I see that have 3.50 firmware.
Is possible to make something with these version?
Thanks and sorry for my English!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not the same as day 1. I don't think @KiiWii really implied that, but it's still not stable for most people. there are people who regret updating to 6.72 and now it's too late.

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

it's not the same as day 1. I don't think @KiiWii really implied that, but it's still not stable for most people. there are people who regret updating to 6.72 and now it's too late.

Im betting you're on 5.05 or you wouldn't say that. It's fine now Hen is working so good with rest mode and everything. I don't understand why people can't adjust yes it was bad at first now it's good. There's no reason to recommend 5.05 anymore no one should be on it you have to deal with backports and some games don't work. 6.72 is perfectly fine I've been on it since day 1.

Reactions: f0li0 and KiiWii

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's fine now Hen is working so good with rest mode and everything.

How many times does it take you to get into rest mode?
Is there anything that happens (crashes etc) that means you have to re run the exploit?
Does rest mode survive a power cut?

I am on 5.05 and it's perfectly stable from power off, I never use rest mode & I don't have a compelling reason to upgrade to 6.72 at the moment. I wonder what the big deal that would mean you would argue without someone that 5.05 is bad and 6.72 is great. Don't you think people should be given both options? You can always go from 5.05 to 6.72, but you can't go back.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im betting you're on 5.05 or you wouldn't say that. It's fine now Hen is working so good with rest mode and everything. I don't understand why people can't adjust yes it was bad at first now it's good. There's no reason to recommend 5.05 anymore no one should be on it you have to deal with backports and some games don't work. 6.72 is perfectly fine I've been on it since day 1.

i have a pro on 6.72 and a phat on 5.05: the 5.05 is far more stable. Even today.

It’s a different story for everyone though, some people hate 6.72 and can’t use it at all, others like you say it’s great.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are some suggestions for either firmware like waiting about thirty seconds before deploying a payload or shutting down the system normally twice after a kernel panic (think I read @Leeful suggesting to do these things). from what I've read, the exploit is a race attack similar to what was on the wii u. it can get to nearly 100% stable theoretically, but I think actually 100% is unrealistic, because a lot of the stability has to do with what's going on in ram at the time.

D

Deleted User

Well if they're still using Mira it's not going to be so stable. Hen is stable. I'm not going to argue it's equally stable to 5.05 although I have still heard of people getting crashes on 5.05. I'll give you if it's a competition 5.05 may be slightly more stable vs 6.72 Hen. But most of the time you can get into Hen on the first try on 6.72 so I don't see why this is even a debate when you consider you have to deal with backports I just prefer personally making my life easier and not dealing with them if I don't have to. So I'll say 5.05 is more stable (although it's not by a huge margin) and 6.72 is easier to use.

I mean the argument about not being able to go back who cares unless 5.05 can start playing 7.00+ games when 6.72 couldn't for some reason why would anyone want to go back. Let's not discredit what the people have done on 6.72 they have done a very good job if you personally just prefer staying on 5.05 go for it but don't discount the hard work done on 6.72 and act like it's a disaster.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: f0li0

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg forgotwhoiam I am so proud of u!

On 6.72 I can play Dreams and make my own games!

I cannot play dreams on 5.05...

On 5.05 I did extensive testing but the best linux distributions which were made by ITmania team would not work on my pro. But once I went to 6.72 they did and that let me do this!

yes that is zelda botw on a ps4 on 6.72!!!

Just recently I got the prey mooncrash dlc to work on 6.72

To my knowledge that's not going to work on 5.05

Sometimes games backport but they don't work right. Sometimes saves get messed up. Beat sabre comes to mind.

Yes 6.72 has some issues. More kp. More database crashes. But I am happy to report I got it down to a system when my database crashes and even shared the tut how I fix things:

While this happens more often on 6.72 to say this never happened on 5.05 is utter lies. I notice alot of people don't recommend 6.72 based on heresay. When you push they admit well yeah I uh never use 6.72 actually. So how do you actually know? It's magickal thinking. I go by facts which is why I have shared over 80 hours of testing on my channel. Just recently we got gta v mod menus. Netflix works. Littlestar works. Media play works. The ones doing backports on 5.05 are fools (shout out to Cyb1k! hahaha love you boss)...they will often play hours of a game only to find they have a bug now and have essentially ruined game preservation efforts for the years we will be playing fpkg to come...

It's time to see the bigger picture folks and stop spreading bad information...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.