Hacking Newbie here -- Avoid forced update?

imajackastro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so recently I updated to 4.3U to buy and play rockband 3, and just yesterday I decided to hack my wii.

Got everything done, and had my friend (whos a much bigger whiz at hacking than I am) install some IOS things to install USB loader GX. All was good and great until we decided to play rock band 3 again from the Disc Channel.

It was forcing me to update again! But I'm already at 4.3U (My wii says so in wii settings!) At first I was really confused, but after a while I remembered we installed these IOS things to have USB loader work, and maybe tampering with those causes the wii to "think" its not updated. Probably something nintendo implemented to get rid of HBC.

Now I asked on another forum and they said taking the update would NOT delete my HBC, so I wouldn't have to re-hack my wii.

Thing is, updating changes and removes and installs IOS's and such, does it not? So technically wouldn't it render USB loader inoperable again? I don't want to have to go through the IOS installation process every time I want to play a backed-up game again.

Now my friend got Rock Band 3 to work by "directly" loading from the DVD, and that was fine and dandy, but my disc channel is still there imploring me to update, and I have siblings who would not even think twice before updating the wii.

Big Question here is: Is there a way to work around the the "forced update" on my wii so it won't show up on the disc channel? Like maybe a way of "tricking" my wii into thinking it has all the right files from 4.3U, even though it doesn't?

And please try to use layman's terms with me, I can get by with computer terms, but hacked-wii terms are stil pretty new to me.

Oh and thanks again for the help guys.

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also load the game using NeoGamma, which is a bit simpler, though it's a little dirtier, since you won't be able to load it from the disc channel. In any case, if you try loading the game and you're hit with a black screen, you'll have to update IOS 53, 55 and 56 to their latest versions. You can use DOP-Mii for that, I suppose.

imajackastro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks so much for the replies guys. Yeah I am using NeoGamma to do it at the moment, and to be honest I don't mind it, but my siblings have no idea how to do it and they'll get rid of the cIOS that FIX94 was talking about. I'll check out the priiloader and get back to you guys. Any other suggestions are appreciated too. Thanks again!

EDIT: For any others who seek to help me, this is the video tutorial I used to put the working USB loader on my wii (so you can see what exactly I did) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYTXtu_ifM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0