Hacking Newbie help!

woodrowwyatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I've had a search round the site before anyone moans at me, but to be honest I'm not really too sure what I'm looking for...

I've got my wii with Neogamma r8 beta 4 installed, but still loads of the newer games keep giving me an error 001. I'm totally lost, my brain is beginning to melt with all the techno speak you wii people seem to keep talking
wacko.gif

Can someone help me out or at least point me in the right direction, ideally to something I just install and 'poof' as if by magic, all is well again!

I'm not using a USB HDD, just plain old DVD's to run the games from, is this where I'm going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and before I get sarcastic comments from the anti-n00b squad, remember you were once writing your first posts here too...

Cheers!

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
what kind of dvd you using? dvd+r or dvd-r.if your using dvd+r booktype it to dvd-rom or you'll get that error 001 on some games

and list all the homebrew you have/installed to help others troubleshoot your problems

woodrowwyatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response guys, latest game I tried was NFS Nitro, but has also been playing up on pretty much all recent releases. I haven't tried any other loaders, just neogamma r7 and 8. I'm burning disks using -R disks and have been using TDK and MAXELL media.

Only homebrew I have on is the Homebrew Channel (where r8 lives) and the channel for r7

Cheers

woodrowwyatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response guys, latest game I tried was NFS Nitro, but has also been playing up on pretty much all recent releases. I haven't tried any other loaders, just neogamma r7 and 8. I'm burning disks using -R disks and have been using TDK and MAXELL media.

Only homebrew I have on is the Homebrew Channel (where r8 lives) and the channel for r7

Cheers

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
give a try with softchip or usb loader gx (it can load disk too )

Posts merged

do you have the latest cios rev 14? what's your wii version? more info u give more good answer u will receive

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
woodrowwyatt said:
Ok, so I've had a search round the site before anyone moans at me, but to be honest I'm not really too sure what I'm looking for...

I've got my wii with Neogamma r8 beta 4 installed, but still loads of the newer games keep giving me an error 001. I'm totally lost, my brain is beginning to melt with all the techno speak you wii people seem to keep talking
wacko.gif

Can someone help me out or at least point me in the right direction, ideally to something I just install and 'poof' as if by magic, all is well again!

I'm not using a USB HDD, just plain old DVD's to run the games from, is this where I'm going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and before I get sarcastic comments from the anti-n00b squad, remember you were once writing your first posts here too...

Cheers!
lol...anti-noob squad
biggrin.gif
...don't mind them. gbatemp is for discussions and help. if there are no noobs like us, they won't be replying to anyone at all.
smile.gif

anyways, like the others said better check on the rev no. of your cios249. neogamma indicates the 249 rev so you can easily see it from your tv. if you are not on rev14, update it to rev14 for this is the latest so far. if still no success and really insist on loading games through the disc channel, then use cioscorp3.5, the latest release. i was before using cioscorp3.4 before i decided to buy a modchip and worked for me very well. just a warning though, cioscorp modifies almost all ios on your wii so there is a risk of brick so be careful. do the usual recommendation nand backup stuff from bootmii.

but if you could buy an HDD, might as well do backup loading through USB, much safer and much faster.

woodrowwyatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'm on rev14 and firmware 4.0E.

I'm not sure I fancy using cioscorp if there is a high risk of brickage, I've got an hdd I could also try and use, I use a mac are there tools around for formatting via mac or do I need a pc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.