Newbie Gateway Question (Yes, one of *those* threads)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drhacknslash, May 27, 2015.

1. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Hi all,

So I got my gateway 3ds in the mail yesterday, followed all the tutorials (Thanks GBATemp!!), and managed to get it running no problem. I have my sysnand on 4.40 and emunand on 9.7. How I did this was with the blue to red card swap method. My question is does the browser exploit work on sysnand 4.40? Every time I've attempted it, I get an error. It would be nice to not have to swap cards all the time.

Thanks for any help!

2. phazonknight

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    apparently you didn't read the tutorial fully. Once installed you never have to use the blue card to go into gateway again and since you are on sysnand 4.40 you never have to do the browser exploit. Now that I have answered your question I would suggest rereading the tutorial again (there is sources everywhere) and you will be just fine. Cheers

dedChar likes this.
  3. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    When you enable gateway via bluecard, you install the mset exploit. No need for Internet :)

drhacknslash likes this.
  4. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Thanks! Never saw the fine print on the tutorial that said I wouldn't need the blue cart after install. So much better now.

5. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    The blue card is used to reinstall the NVRAM Profile any time it gets erased, which usually happens whenever DS Mode software is run (flash cards, retail DS cards, DSiWare, etc). It can also be used to play DS roms if you like, but you'll want to run GW_INSTALLER.nds again when you're done.

With the downgrade to 4.4 and the NVRAM Profile installed, you can leave the red card in and just use System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile to boot into emuNand in Gateway Mode. The browser exploit is no longer needed.

I know some of this was already explained, but I figured it'd be best to explain anyway, especially for anyone else who has a similar issue and comes across this thread. If you still have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

drhacknslash likes this.