Beamer3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am very new at this and need some help as I seem to be stuck!

So I'll first let you know what I've done up to this point. I have version 4.0 of the Wii software, and a 1 GB Kingston Mini SD card. I do not have a USB drive, I only intend on running apps through the card and discs.

1. I have Homebrew running on my Wii, I used Bootmii and Bannerbomb to get it going. Everything seemed to be going ok...I got the message for DVDx and that as well, I clicked ok to that..everything went smooth. Homebrew now appears on my wii as it's own channel.

2. I tried adding an app after creating an apps folder on my storage card. But Homebrew doesn't seem to recognize anything I put on my card. All I get is the bubbles and the 2 icons at the bottom right of the screen.

3. The Wii will still not play any dvd I put in. Is DVDX working or do I need to install it seperatley?

Ok...so...what do I need to do to get apps to run? Is it ok to re-format my card now and start over? Do I need to keep anything on there that relates to Homebrew or anything else now?

How do I get my Wii to read DVD's, etc?

How do I add apps to the memory card?

What software besides Imagburn do I need to run in order to "back-up" Wii discs and what do I need to do to get them to run on my wii?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in the apps folder you can create another folder for every app. In these folders the apps have to be placed as BOOT.dol.
Example: SD:/apps/mediaplayer/boot.dol

To play your dvds use MplayerCE (see wiibrew.org)
To run backups, you need to install a cIOS and then use a backup launcher
To create backups, use the DVD dumper, or a USB loader

Beamer3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for getting back to me, I have a few questions still.

Which media player do you recommend?
When installing an app to the SD card, when unzipping do I put all the files into a seperate app folder for each individual app? I am still unclear on that...and is it ok to format my SD card now before I start to add other apps?

If possible, could I have detailed instructions on what to do to get the software to back up games? I am very confused by this. A link to what I need or instructions would be great.

Posts merged

And what software enables DVD dumper?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Beamer3131 said:
Thanks for getting back to me, I have a few questions still.

Which media player do you recommend?
When installing an app to the SD card, when unzipping do I put all the files into a seperate app folder for each individual app? I am still unclear on that...and is it ok to format my SD card now before I start to add other apps?

If possible, could I have detailed instructions on what to do to get the software to back up games? I am very confused by this. A link to what I need or instructions would be great.

Posts merged

And what software enables DVD dumper?

MplayerCE - Media Player (once DVDX installed will allow DVD playback)
Wii DVD Dumper Channel (dump games wirelessly from Wii>PC)

Also read this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou