kgreenjinx

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched all the posts with every keyword I can think of and can't find an answer. I have softmodded 4.0u and are using priiloader with usb loader gx. It boots to USB loader gx. However I want to clean up my homebrew channel screen. I have several cios installers and more that were used when I modded the wii. Can I remove those from my homebrew menu and still have everything working as it should? or will it make my wii a paperweight? I would just hate for my 6 year old to click on the wrong thing and totally mess everything up. I also run my games off a 1 tb external hard drive. (yes all games were purchased legally) When I exit a game the only way I can do it is to return to wii menu through use of the home button on the remote. Is there a shortcut I am missing so I don't have to go to homebrew then to usb loader and load all that again just to switch games. I know somewhow you can put a channel on the main wii menu for usb loader directly, but I am not that advanced yet and would hate to tear it up. Plus, I do not know the proper terminology to be able to search for answer to that one. I have read alot on soft mods, but I start getting confused because there are so many different opinions about how to do things and alot of information is outdated/different firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there.

To start with the easy question: yes, you can clean up your homebrew channel menu (basically: all the folders under sd:\apps or USB:\apps) without worries. Those cios installers are exactly that: installers. Once the cIOS is installed, it is on your wii's hard drive (which is called the NAND), and thus no longer needed on your card.

There are two ways to make the USB loader faster accessible. One is to install a WAD that will add an extra channel to your wii menu. These channels are commonly called 'forwarders', and can usually be found at the first page of the release thread of those loaders.

Priiloader has an even more drastic method of doing this (and yet, this one is considered safer). It can basically change the function "start the wii menu now" into "start the usb loader now". As such, when you start your wii, it'll start the usb loader, and when you exit a game, it'll also start the usb loader. As a result, it becomes actually hard to run the normal wii menu. I like it this way, but that's only because I rarely (if ever) need to change anything from the menu, and I don't care about the non-gaming channels.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

kgreenjinx

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, yes, that helped so much. I have the wii set up to boot to usb loader at power on. I have been trying to figure out what the nand was Thank you for putting it in layman terms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands