Hacking [newb] snes roms & newer nds roms

Bonkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First of all, i have a NDS with G6Flash working good, i have been playing with it for some time now, but some things do not work, and I have no clue why not so Im asking them here (after a quick search but without results):

a) i know G6Flash does not come with built-in snes support, and i know of snesDS, but i was wondering. People here seem to talk about a possibility to direct copy snes roms to the rom, and then play them, but how does that work ?? I copy the ROM into EMU directory, copy the snesDS binary into the same directory and rename it into "smc.bin" to match the extension ?? Ive tried it, but doesnt seem to work
wacko.gif

b) ive read here that people have the latest nds roms working !!! Ive tried several of the latest, but they dont work here, trimmed or not. So is there some magic setting i have disabled ? I use the disk manager 4.6D and the latest loader from the site (4.6C english) but like I said, some do NOT work (like nadal tennis, yoshis island, diddy kong racing, ...)

Anyone can point me into right direction to find some answers ?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. The existing versions of SNES emulators do not support G6 fat access, you must build a pack appending the rom to the emulator.

2. They work fine. Make sure you use Force R/W.

Bonkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes Force R/W worked
shy.gif

Can you point to documentation or help concerning what u said about "build a pack appending the rom to the emulator". I dont know how to do that...

I tried:

Code:
copy /B "zsnesw.exe"+"Desert Strike.smc" "Desert_Strike_zsnes.smc"

and copied it into EMU dir on card, but when i go to MyCard and click on it using whatever button, nothing happens
unsure.gif
Ive tried it with snesDS.bin as well, with same result...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night