Hacking newb looking for a little info and help

styrofoam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking into getting a G6 lite and a Superkey/Passcard 3, I did most of my homework but then I ran into a little problem. I'm confused about how to run the ROMs. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by asking this but if I were to download a ROM would I just be able to load it up onto the G6 and run it with no problems, if not is there a site with a compatibility list? Also which is most compatible with G6 lite, the Superkey or Passcard 3?

AshsToAshs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into getting a G6 lite and a Superkey/Passcard 3, I did most of my homework but then I ran into a little problem. I'm confused about how to run the ROMs. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by asking this but if I were to download a ROM would I just be able to load it up onto the G6 and run it with no problems, if not is there a site with a compatibility list? Also which is most compatible with G6 lite, the Superkey or Passcard 3?

Passcard 3 would be most compatible, since passcard is made by the same people that make the G6.
As for how you load it onto the G6 and such... i believe you just throw the .NDS files on there (from what i hear there isnt .zip support, so you have to extract it first).
But i havent gotten my G6, so im just going off what ive heard from others.
here is a compatiblity list for different flash carts:
http://www.nintendumps.net/dslist.html

hope that helps

-Ash-

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the passcard I believe that you will be ok with either the Passcard 3 or the Superkey, all signs point to them being essentially the same card. Qrayzie did a great comparison of all of the nopass devices here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33429 so hopefully that will cover anything that I missed. I'm with ash on just throwing the .nds files on (after formatting ofcourse). I believe that there is actually .zip support on the card, I believe that Qrayzie and killermech confirmed it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34096 should be towards the middle/end. Hope I was of some help!

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neither of you are right.

To play and NDS rom on the G6, you need to patch it with the included patching software.

smile.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

styrofoam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow guys thanks for all the info! This place is great, haha. Anyways I'm a little confused on the patching, is it just a piece of software that you run the rom through before loading it onto the G6 lite itself? Sorry about all these newbie questions, I'm completely new to flashcards and modding DS but GBAtemp has really helped a lot.

Thanks again.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
You use the G6 software to load the rom onto the cart. It automatically patches the rom before writing it to the cart. It's really a one-step process since you have to use the G6 software.

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a newb question. Can G6 Lite run SNES and Genesis rom? I assume it will require extrnal emulator software to run those roms, right?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the G6 Windows client patch the ROMs separately from loading them onto the cart? E.g. could I make a folder of pre-patched ROMs and then just drag&drop them to the cart later via USB, without needing to use the G6 software for the last stage?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.