Homebrew newb - I figured out how to get WADS on my Wii, but...

curiousmike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow, I've managed to fumble thru getting the Homebrew Channel installed on my Wii.
I also fumbled with getting some WadLoader up and working... ( i.e., extracted it onto my SD card, and the Homebrew Channel magically finds it and I can run it. )

The problem is: I want to have about 20 games loaded onto my Wii, but they don't all fit !

Can some one point me to the answer to this, or give me an answer here?

( i.e., is there a way to run the Wiiware applications from my SD card? Or from a DVD? Or from a USB thumb-drive? USB Harddisk? The problem with those methods is I'm assuming they're not easily "installed" onto the Wii's Main Menu. )

Thanks.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can not run wads from sources other than the wii system. it has very little space (512mb, i think). try to delete some saves from your system or transfer them to your sd card. for example, the nintendo channel takes up 128 blocks and so does the save. thats over 250 blocks. also, some other games have saves just as large. you really dont want to brick your wii. keep track of how many blocks you have left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended