Newb here, please help..

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hachibei, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hachibei
    OP

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Right, I'm pretty new to this flash cart stuff, so bear with me [​IMG]

I ordered a DS Linker, and I recieved it today, but none of the roms save!

For example, I'm playing Resident Evil DS; I use the typewriter to save, and then I turn it off. The next time I turn it back on, my save is gone.

I looked at the FAQ section of dslinker.com, and they said that I could change the type of save the game uses (ie: FLASH 2Mbit, EEPROM 64/512Kbit, etc.) I tried all types of save methods, but none of them work. [​IMG]

Someone please help me...I spent $105 on this thing and I really want it to work...

2. decept

decept GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    I would like to help, but I got a R4, easiest flash cart to use.

You paid too much. Get your money back and get an R4. [​IMG]

3. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    Heh, you could buy the same thing 2 times cheaper. DS Linker is just an expensive rebrand of any other N-card like DS FireLink or MK5. In fact, you can try flashing your cart with those firmwares, it may fix your save error. Just a suggestion though.

4. Hachibei
    OP

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Alright, to clear some things up, the DS-Linker itself was only around $70, the rest was for S&H, tax, and all that..

-EX- : This is probably gonna sound really stupid, but how do I "flash" my cart? My friend has a SuperCard DS; could I use that to flash my cart?

5. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    DS Fire Link 16G costs around 40 bucks, for example. And it's the same as DS Linker hardware wise.

To "flash" a firmware means to update the software on your cart. Just pick up a firmware on the site and update your cart. You don't need any additional equipment to do so, of course.

Also, this is yet another clone of N-card and is the same as your DS Linker too, you may find many answers in this review.

6. dbgtdob

dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    you got ripped off big time, the same card can be bought here.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2069
    for only $28 with free shipping.

this company to make money released all of these different cards and named them all different names but they are all essentailly the same, just a new sticker or color, you can even use the software from one of them on all the others (Express Card,firelink,N-card), but they were too lazy to even make new e-mails, if you notice the contact information for all the cards say dslinker............., they have even ripped off R4 and make a fake R4 version DSlinker,

7. Hachibei
    OP

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Man, this really sucks...first time ordering anything off the internet and this happens...

-EX- : I already tried upgrading the firmware, and that didn't help at all..would it be a good idea to try to use another card's firmware update to flash my DS-Linker?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice