Hacking new3ds Jap 8.1 want to update to 9.0-9.2 for ninjihax

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says i have a new3ds regular with 8.1 and I would love to have ninjihax available to play on. I loves me some homebrew as I need the browser exploit for ninjihax maybe someone can help me out. Also sorry if i am asking this in the wrong thread. I have a 3ds xl american on 9.2 firmware if that helps anything thanks you guys in advance :)

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 8.1 japanese console and a sky3ds could i just load a rom and run the hack that way maybe i got my exploits mixed up haha :)

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
http://smealum.net/ninjhax/

Here's all the info you need, specifically :

1. Go to the get ninjhax section of this page and enter your console's firmware version.

2. Hit submit; you should get your very own ninjhax QR code.

3. Download the homebrew starter kit and extract it at the root of your SD card. Alternatively, you may choose to only download The Homebrew Launcher menu executable and place it at the root of your SD card. No matter what, after this step, you should have a file named boot.3dsx placed at the root of your SD card.

4. Make sure your 3DS's wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).

5. Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose "Create", then "QR code", and finally "Scan QR code".

6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS's screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.

7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard's savedata, though doing so is not recommended.
8. OPTIONAL - once the ninjhax is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the "QR code" menu and it'll run automatically!

9. OPTIONAL - you can now run homebrew apps on your 3DS! Simply drag and drop application folders into the "3ds/" directory that was created on your SD card by ninjhax.

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on 8.1 new3ds japanese console there is no ninjihax that is kind of what i thought is there anyway to update 8.1 to 9.2? For new3ds i know no games are out that you can get the update from but is there another way?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is you can't do the exploit from 8.1 on the New 3ds because of the browser you need a Jap old 3ds and do the exploit on that console then after it saves you can put the sky card in the New 3ds and it will work

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, never knew that, why not update to 9.0 with a game update ?
No leave your wifi off there is only one way...
The problem is you can't do the exploit from 8.1 on the New 3ds because of the browser you need a Jap old 3ds and do the exploit on that console then after it saves you can put the sky card in the New 3ds and it will work

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds and a gateway card is there anyway i can help also i have a sky3ds and an old 3ds xl as well
It has to be a JAP old 3ds smea regionfree will not work so if you have a JAPAN OLD 3ds with 9.2 or lower. Exploit the game with the old 3ds and save the hack to the sky card then after booting HBC backout and then you should have the hack already to go for the new 3ds on 8.1 just make sure all the files you need are on the microsd card of the new 3ds

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Game updates don't install/update the browser. (so if no browser is installed, game updates will not install it. Nor will it update old versions of the browser)

So if you have a launch console like the n3DS on 8.x fw, the browser isn't installed and right now the only way to fix that is to update it from the internet. That would just result on a 9.5 system (10.x for Japanese consoles I think) so obviously You don't want to update it from internet.

You can wait till gateway releases their exploit for the n3DS so you can install the browser manually.

Use UpdateCDN to retrieve the browser and package to CIA, and use DevMan/BigBlueMenu/BigRedMenu to install it to sysnand. Yes this should be safe so long as you use the right version of DevMan. Older versions should not be used to install titles to sysnand. BigBlueMenu should be the last version of DevMan available and is a safe version to install system titles with.

If you don't want to wait, the only other option is to sell your n3DS and find one on 9.0 that comes with the browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night