New3ds 9.0.0 and sky3ds user noob questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by felipejfc, May 3, 2015.

1. felipejfc
    OP

felipejfc GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Brazil
    hello all, I'm new to the scene and could use some help from more experienced folks, I have 2 questions:

1- how to go online without being banned? Yes, I know I need private headers, but, is there a way for me to extract them with a new3ds? Do I need to update my console?

2- can I make a nand backup without a hard mod?

Thanks

2. storm75x

storm75x Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!

Jan 3, 2015
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
    If you have a 9.0 console then you better off going Gateway. You can dump your own header, use homebrews, install cia, get safety nand (avoid bricking aka emunand).

3. felipejfc
    OP

Mar 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Are you sure I can dump headers with a new 3ds? It will be costly anyway... That is not an option atm.. Can you please stick to the questions? Far as I know there is no 9.7 emunand for new3ds anyway, so I would not be able to play online right?

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you can play online if you are not on the latest fw

5. Kuifa

Kuifa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    If you have Gateway, then you only need to find the update CIA of the game you want to play online. The only requirement for playing online is having the game up to date.

6. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Having 9.7 emunand is only needed for system transfer and eshop access. Everything from the eshop can be found on that certain rom website and installed using gateway.

Apparently you can spoof eshop access too. Haven't tried it though.

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    not everything, but sure most popular stuff :)

Adeka likes this.
  8. felipejfc
    OP

Mar 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Nice, so, can i play online with sky3ds being on firmware 9.0.0 or can that just be done with gateway? Still another question, can i update my firmware to a Version that is not the latest one, like 9.2.0? How?

Thanks!

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    seeing as your on 9.0 you could use the gateway launcher to dump your own private header and make a nand dump, as for updating sysnand that would just be a matter of finding a game that has the update you want to update to built in eg, the rev01 SSB has 9.2, just run it from Sky3ds and it will prompt you to update

10. felipejfc
    OP

Mar 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for the anwers friend. So, is it really safe to upgrade sysnand from sky3ds? Also, i tought private header dump was only possible on old 3ds, was I wrong? Yet another question, after inserting a private header on lets say, pokemon x, would I still be able to use my current save? I read somewhere that save files were related to the headers you use... thanks

11. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    1. You can dump using Gateway's launcher (even without the card) if you are on firmware 9.2 or lower. Make sure you dump everything you have and keep it safe somewhere, because once you update you can't use the Gateway launcher.

2. Yes, you can make a NAND backup without a hard mod. However, once you update to the latest firmware, you will need a hard mod to restore the backup.

Once you've dumped your headers and taken a NAND backup, you can update your console and use Sky3DS + eShop safely, provided the headers are injected into your game.

12. felipejfc
    OP

Mar 21, 2015
    Brazil
    thanks for the answers! About the gateway... When a console running emunand is banned from online services, is the sysnand also banned? thanks

13. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

AFAIK banning isn't a problem for Gateway because you can just use CIA or online patched 3DZ files. Banning is only an issue for Sky3DS users.

Adeka likes this.