Hacking ''New2DS XL'' hack, same as N3DS?

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys and gals!
i been away from n3ds modding for a while, last time i was active for 3ds, my n3ds was on 9.6 if i remember..but this console as been MIA for a while for me :P

Getting a New2DS XL tonight and i was wondering:
-N2DS hacking is the exact same as N3DS?
-is it still as it was before? like, being able to use the exploit through CubicNinja for exemple?
- i keep reading about how R4 cartrige are more popular then before, as of now, is it necessary to have one to exploit the N2DS XL to run homebrews and backups?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The new2DS XL is just a new3DS in a different shell. All exploits that work with the new3DS will work on the new2DS XL.
Ninjhax isn't used anymore and things have really shifted towards completely different methods.
Several R4-clones can be used for the exploit known as "NTRBoot," which is used to install B9S and then a CFW.
There are several other methods that can work with the n3DS/n2DS
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice, thanks for the info!
Last question, usually, wich firmware comes with teh N2DS xl lately? exmple, the black & turquoise edition?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nice, thanks for the info!
Last question, usually, wich firmware comes with teh N2DS xl lately? exmple, the black & turquoise edition?
Honestly that really doesn't matter anymore it's most likely going come with an OFW below 11.7, which means you can use the upcoming exploit that will be released tomorrow.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/defcon-...-free-arm9-exploit-chain-on-august-11.508086/
And even then NTRBoot, Hardmod, and DSiwarehax, and seedminer* are all not effected by OFW updates.
*might be effected by OFW updates, but 11.8 didn't touch it.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah i see.. well to be honest, i was asking the question just to prepare myself lol.. i was hoping to mod it tonight, but i wanted to make sure if i need a flashcart or not but i guess it will depend if i use the NTRboot or not, and if so, i wont be able to mod it until i get the card :P
does any N2DS ships with a firm under 11.3? (for sound..i would use it without updating until i receive the card..)

i just wanna make sure i can use an exploit on the n2ds without any flashcard depending on the FW it ships with haha.. eitherway, i will have the console tonight so i will dig into it once i get it and monday i will order a flashcart if still needed :P

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm afraid you might need a flashcard. But who knows, still they're pretty cheap these days anyway.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
indeed.. the price isnt my issue..its more, the time haha.. but like i said, if i have to wait until next week before having the card i will wait..but i still hope i will be able to play a bit with it during the weekend lol..i wish i could use the sky3ds for it :P.. btw..the sky3ds still works with the n2ds, right? (not the blue button or the + ...the normal old one)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got a New 2DS and the firmware is 11.4.0-37U. Anything I should know before hacking it and installing a custom firmware that's not on the 3dshackguide site?

I also got a 2ds but it has the latest firmware.

11.8.0-41U.

So I guess the New 2DS would be easier to hack? I don't have a powerful computer to do the method for the 11.8 firmware.

Also what magnet should I get? One very small?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I got a New 2DS and the firmware is 11.4.0-37U. Anything I should know before hacking it and installing a custom firmware that's not on the 3dshackguide site?

I also got a 2ds but it has the latest firmware.

11.8.0-41U.

So I guess the New 2DS would be easier to hack? I don't have a powerful computer to do the method for the 11.8 firmware.

Also what magnet should I get? One very small?
Everything has the same difficulty and 3ds.hacks.guide has you covered.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Everything has the same difficulty and 3ds.hacks.guide has you covered.

I think the whole encryption key thing in 11.8 takes a long time and a powerful PC, something I do not have? But yeah I think I will try with the New 2ds even if I fear the magnet ruining everything.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think the whole encryption key thing in 11.8 takes a long time and a powerful PC, something I do not have? But yeah I think I will try with the New 2ds even if I fear the magnet ruining everything.
the magnet can't ruin anything and there is a website which should do it in few minutes. Just follow the frogminer (if that's what you are doing).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the flashcart method actually.
The console HAS a magnet inside already, why do you think one is required? There are two in the console one in the top shell and one in the bottom shell, when they meet = sleepmode. You're exposing your console to a magnet everytime you shut it. Magnets destroying electronics is a myth unless you're using incredible strong neodymium magnets; which commercial one's are not.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The console HAS a magnet inside already, why do you think one is required? There are two in the console one in the top shell and one in the bottom shell, when they meet = sleepmode. You're exposing your console to a magnet everytime you shut it. Magnets destroying electronics is a myth unless you're using incredible strong neodymium magnets; which commercial one's are not.
Or really old electronics.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Good news.

Got an Old 2ds with older firmware so I am hacking that instead. Using Flashcart method.

Any problems using Flashcart method of fitmware 11.3 aka the one that comes on the Mario kart 7 old 2ds by default?

Edit: Getting the Sighaxed Firm - File not found error

Edit2: Had the wrong files, fixed now.

Edit3: Luma installed, should I update or not? I don't wanna brick my old 2ds.

Edit4: Luma3DS and so on installed, now what?

Last edited by raxadian, , Reason: 2ds was hacked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.