Hacking New Zelda limited edition Wii U bundle able to be modded?

lyricalmenace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all just a quick question for y'all.

My buddy is going to sell my his Wii U deluxe Zelda Windwaker limited edition bundle. I just want I know if the firmware it comes with is compatible with the mods I have been reading about in this forum.

I have been digging through the stickies and some other posts here but I haven't been able to find a solid answer. I want to make sure before I buy this.

Anything I need to check or will I be good with this new Wii U? I'm brand new to the Wii U game so my apologies for the newbie question. Thanks in advance.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You're a member since 2007 and this is your first topic? Wow :)

As far as I know, there aren't any current restrictions. You can mod any Wii U. But someone else can verify.

Of course, when we say mod, we mean the vWii side of it. The Wii U side has not been cracked for users yet

Reactions: Ray Lewis

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all just a quick question for y'all.

My buddy is going to sell my his Wii U deluxe Zelda Windwaker limited edition bundle. I just want I know if the firmware it comes with is compatible with the mods I have been reading about in this forum.

I have been digging through the stickies and some other posts here but I haven't been able to find a solid answer. I want to make sure before I buy this.

Anything I need to check or will I be good with this new Wii U? I'm brand new to the Wii U game so my apologies for the newbie question. Thanks in advance.

Yes, listen to madridi4ever.

By the way, why is your friend sell it to you ? He might miss something next year. :)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Wind Waker bundle and it's the same as any other Wii U (in fact, the console itself is identical to the earlier models, only the gamepad is any different)

Complete with HBC on firmware 4.0.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Wind Waker bundle and it's the same as any other Wii U (in fact, the console itself is identical to the earlier models, only the gamepad is any different)

Complete with HBC on firmware 4.0.

What he said. It will be entirely compatible with everything that works on any other Wii U, both now and in the future.

lyricalmenace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. Ended up buying it. $200 pristine condition only used about 2 hours. Can't beat that. Now to do some more research and start modding!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Why would someone buy a Wii U if they only wanted to play it for 2 hours? Why sell it just when the good games are coming out?
He bought it 2 hours before seeing the electric bill and forgot he had accidentally left the electric stove turned on all day last week while he was at work. :tpi:

(you get the idea)

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.