New Zealand Taking a stand against Smokers!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So... i hate it when people smoke right, Its a discusting awfully habit in my opinion as... what might of been cool to do 10 years ago, in new zealand its now seen as a burden to smoke, a recent survey has shown that just under 50% of New Zealanders want all Sales of tabacco gone by 2020 and i say good on them, its dangerous, harmful and is causing people alot more suffering than its worth, not only are they expensive and discusting, its a real social killer in some situatuion. For me, personally, im allergic to the smoke it produces, so everytime i see someone smoking i need to hold my breath or cross the road, so im glad to see that New Zealanders want it banned and i hope the government will take a stand against it.

Source\

Discuss your opinion on smoking/Smokers and how you feel about the possibilty of an eventual world wide ban!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
no offense to any smokers but i view smokers that smoke on public areas as the most selfish human being in the world
smile.gif

+1 for BAN!

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I totally agree with both of you!

While I'm not allergic, I absolutely can't stand the smoke! It's f***ing toxic!

Too bad this isn't happening in the rest of the world...

I hope NZ (and all other countries) Government will do something about this, rather than just make a killing so to speak out of taxes.

If this works in NZ, then I hope other countries will follow.

And I also think that poeple who smoke in public areas are selfish and don't give a damn about anyone or anything around them.

Another +1 for BAN.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i wish they'd ban the shit here too it is disgusting. tell that to half my family who smokes exsp my dad he smokes it right down to the filter it nearly makes me sick!!

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Fuck. They're endangering OUR health as well as theirs when they smoke. In China, its fucking POLLUTED everywhere because of the fucktards smoking EVERYWHERE (There are no bans in anywhere). And the fucktards consist of 99% of male Chinese population. My dad quit smoking a long time ago and i'm glad he did. I used to have severe asthma when i was little (I was born like that) but now it's like it's gone
happy.gif
I want to keep it that way

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
-9001 for ban, people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether they wanna smoke or not. I can understand that there are places where it isn't allowed, but banning it altogether shouldn't be possible.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Demonbart said:
-9001 for ban, people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether they wanna smoke or not. I can understand that there are places where it isn't allowed, but banning it altogether shouldn't be possible.

If countries can ban narcotics, I don't see why they can't ban cigarettes.

C'mon, Singapore even bans bubble and chewing gum, this can't be more outrageous than that! (Even though we still legalise cigarette selling. But then we are starting to limit the smoking zones already)

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
The problem is that unless people only smoke in their own home other people have to suffer.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Domination said:
Demonbart said:

C'mon, Singapore even bans bubble and chewing gum, this can't be more outrageous than that! (Even though we still legalise cigarette selling. But then we are starting to limit the smoking zones already)
WTF Bubble gum?

Ontopic: +1 for ban. I hate people smoking everywhere. Can't they just leave those cigarettes at home?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Lol@this.

My dad smokes 20 a day and has been for 20(?) years, he is perfectly fine, even the doctors have said

My great grandma used to smoke 30+ a day, until she stopped when she was 80 and she is perfectly fine (she is 100 now)

Same go for my nanna and grandad, they are both 62 years old and they stopped smoking 10 years ago and ohlook, perfectly fine.

Smoking > you're going to die younger = bullshit

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Some people (well not all, but most) complaining about smoking are just ridiculous. Automobile exhaust is toxic too, and we breathe it everyday. Road accidents kill a million a people every year, hell let's ban driving. There are factories that spew out toxic plumes all the time producing BS that's not necessary for living. Components in your computer and their manufacturing process has caused more damage to the environment than people who smoke and the tobacco farms where their tobacco comes from. People produce tons and tons of garbage every year, yet we don't hear people complaining about it as much as we hear complaining about tobacco smoking. Stop the complaining and stop being so hypocritical, the current persecution of smokers is just ridiculous. Let people smoke if they're of legal age to do so.

Also -1 for the ban, enough with the ever increasing paternalism.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Domination said:
Demonbart said:

WTF Bubble gum?

Ontopic: +1 for ban. I hate people smoking everywhere. Can't they just leave those cigarettes at home?

yup it's true

since dom -9001, i will +9002 to it.

I support the ban, i don mind they smoking in their house, but i say that we as non-smoker deserved a right to clean air and not 2nd hand smoke.

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
XWolf said:
Demonbart said:
The problem is that unless people only smoke in their own home other people have to suffer.

What about driving a car, other people suffer from the pollution that driving the car causes, and more so than what smoking causes. People should only drive cars in their own home.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
user0002 said:
XWolf said:
Demonbart said:

What about driving a car, other people suffer from the pollution that driving the car causes, and more so than what smoking causes. People should only drive cars in their own home.
Cars are useful. Is smoking useful?

No.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu