Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ban2.gif

Thanks to everyone who took part in our New Years Competition sponsored by easybuy2000.com!
Out of the hundreds of entries we recieved, only 14 members answered all the questions 100% correctly. Those people were...

Zarcon, Darkforce, DeMoNSTaR, ocp_001, Vater Unser, Dee, Mr.Curlynose1, zloty, Dragons Master, MC DUI, knl, fataku, IcebergTruPlaya, privateers69.

But there can only be one winner... and the winner RANDOMLY selected from the above is...

*Drum roll...*

DeMoNSTaR

Congratulations DeMoNSTaR!! You are the lucky winner of the X-ROM 512Mbit Linker Kit! You will be contacted shortly.

Thanks to all who played part, and look out for future GBAtemp Competitions!
Interested in the competition answers? Click Here.
Competition held by shaunj66, Costello and easybuy2000.com

PS: The registrations are now open again!
But for a mysterious reason we will have to close them again in a few days...
[/p]

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argh so close, lol, oh well. But yeah congratulations Demonstar!

And thanks for the competition guys, I hope the future ones are just as fun.

smile.gif

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just 14 with all answers... oh my... and i thought i were right with every answer... spent almost 1 hour with em. Anyway congrats to the winner demonstar... and i hope for more of those competitions... it was fun! Now i'm waiting for the correct answers.

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd be interested in the correct answers, too.

Would be nice if someone could post them, I want to know what I did wrong.
wink.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here are the questions and accepted answers:
(Our decision is final, so you can complain about the answers and questions all you want but it won't change anything!
smile.gif
)

"Who is the founder of the GBAtemp forum?"
If you didn't know this, you didn't deserve to win. Obviously the answer was KiVan!

"What year was the Game Boy Advance first released?"
A simple bit of research would find you the date. Which was 2001.

"How many staff (Admins, Global Mods and Mods) are there at the GBAtemp forums?"
Easy one this. Just click the Moderating Team link and count. There 22 staff members at GBAtemp.

"Who was the original coder of VisualBoy Advance?"
Anyone who's in the GBA scene would know this unless they had forgotten... heh. Oh, I mean the answer is Forgotten!

"What's the total number of pixels - not the resolution - on a standard GBA screen?"
Read the question carefully, we didn't want the resolution, we wanted the number of pixels which is 38400. Easy math!

"On what IRC Network can our friends of #GBAtemp be found?"
They all live, sleep, eat and drink on Efnet!

"What is the exact ROM serial of GBA release Ninja Five-0 (U) ?"
This one required some research. And you would have found the answer AGB-ANXE-USA

"What number of posts do you need in the forums before you can customise your member title?"
We accepted multiple answers for this question, as the real number is 500. But a forum "bug" actually requires 501 posts before the option shows in your profile.

"Which GBA ROM was released on 25th July 2003? (enter only the game number, for example 0025, or 1853...)"
Here's a fact for you - the 25th of July is both mine and Costello's birthday. Another useless fact is that rom number 1115 was released on the said date.

"How many members (including *ALL* member groups) are there at GBAtemp?"
Bit of a hard one this one, but the actual number is 26888.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Here are the questions and accepted answers:
(Our decision is final, so you can complain about the answers and questions all you want but it won't change anything!
smile.gif
)

"Who is the founder of the GBAtemp forum?"
If you didn't know this, you didn't deserve to win. Obviously the answer was KiVan!

"What year was the Game Boy Advance first released?"
A simple bit of research would find you the date. Which was 2001.

"How many staff (Admins, Global Mods and Mods) are there at the GBAtemp forums?"
Easy one this. Just click the Moderating Team link and count. There 22 staff members at GBAtemp.

"Who was the original coder of VisualBoy Advance?"
Anyone who's in the GBA scene would know this unless they had forgotten... heh. Oh, I mean the answer is Forgotten!

"What's the total number of pixels - not the resolution - on a standard GBA screen?"
Read the question carefully, we didn't want the resolution, we wanted the number of pixels which is 38400. Easy math!

"On what IRC Network can our friends of #GBAtemp be found?"
They all live, sleep, eat and drink on Efnet!

"What is the exact ROM serial of GBA release Ninja Five-0 (U) ?"
This one required some research. And you would have found the answer AGB-ANXE-USA

"What number of posts do you need in the forums before you can customise your member title?"
We accepted multiple answers for this question, as the real number is 500. But a forum "bug" actually requires 501 posts before the option shows in your profile.

"Which GBA ROM was released on 25th July 2003? (enter only the game number, for example 0025, or 1853...)"
Here's a fact for you -Â the 25th of July is both mine and Costello's birthday. Another useless fact is that rom number 1115 was released on the said date.

"How many members (including *ALL*Â member groups) are there at GBAtemp?"
Bit of a hard one this one, but the actual number is 26888.
congrats to demonstar, I would be lying if I said that I -wasn't gutted. As for the answer I'm pretty sure that I got all of them correct (MABY apart for the fifth one which I cannot be sure of if that's the answer I got on the calculator
tongue.gif
).

-lol had to edit that part

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
we also accepted the answer "33" ... because at first we weren't clear on the fact that Supper Crew members AREN'T in the staff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn