New Xbox Slim models- Can they be flashed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GameWinner, Nov 26, 2011.

1. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Moving along to my 4th Xbox, I decided to try my hand at a Slim model, a 4GB slim model that is.
    I want to know if they can be flashed or not and tools required so I can flash one.

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    As long as it doesn't have a Hitachi drive in it or one of the new lite-on DG-16D5S with the 1175 firmware on, then you can flash it.

Tools required, Compatible SATA chipset or the x360usb, then as the drives are write protected since 0225 firmware, a replacement unlocked pcb for it like this http://www.modtraders.co.uk/liteon-dg-16d4s-unlocked-replacement_pcb.html unless you want to do the kamikaze unlock to the stock pcb (drilling a hole in the ic).

3. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Indiana
    Yes they're flashable

4. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Sounds a little much especially since I won't know what type of Xbox I will get.
    Scratch the slim models then, is there a good place where I can buy a Xbox with a Liteon drive (Not a slim or the newer LiteOns)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice