Hacking New Xbox, no idea where to start, a few questions

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new Xbox 360 and would like to hack it. But I have absolutely no idea where to start and I can't find a tutorial that starts form the beginning (All seem to assume you know a lot already). Help with this would be nice

So questions:
-Are all Xboxes hackable?
-If not, how can I check whether mine is?
-If I play burned single player games but only go on Live with legit games, will I get banned?
-Can someone please help me find a beginner's tutorial?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. no

2. opening it and looking at special numbers on the inside

3. If you hack your xbox so microsoft can't tell, and you play offline, you should be fine. If you do it right you can even play burned games online & not get banned.

4. I would NOT recommend flashing your xbox, get this: x360dock.com , it loads games off HDD, so you don't have to buy expensive disks, don't have to worry about burning, just DL and play. It costs LESS than the tools to flash your xbox, and is a whole lot simpler. Right now you can't play the backups on XBL though, but you shouldn't get banned if you just play them offline and later play online with legit discs. They said in the future it'll support XBL.

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks great!
Can you find me a guide on how to check which drive I have? Apparently the x360dock isn't compatible with all of them.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.xboxscene...0-dvd-model.php

Two on the right show the shape of the slim drive trays. If it's an Hitachi you can't hack it. If it's a lite-on, you can as long as it isn't the new dg-16d5s with the 1175 firmware. Unfortunately, the new one that can't be hacked and the older ones that can share the same tray, so you'll have try and guess via the manufacturer date and lot number or open it up to check it.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new Xbox 360 and would like to hack it. But I have absolutely no idea where to start and I can't find a tutorial that starts form the beginning (All seem to assume you know a lot already). Help with this would be nice

So questions:
-Are all Xboxes hackable?
For your slim there is a chance it is or not
-If not, how can I check whether mine is?
Check above post
-If I play burned single player games but only go on Live with legit games, will I get banned?
Depends if the games have stealth but RGH with dual nand support chip might be a better option for you since you get homebrew and more options.
-Can someone please help me find a beginner's tutorial?
http://www.jungleflasher.net/ Good tutorial here and if you want a RGH one check online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.