Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

So I got an Xbox 360 for my birthday, which is awesome. I love the essential games list on all the forums, they are so handy, so thanks to everyone that maintains those lists.

I had a couple of questions to throw out, if anyone can help.

Is there a way to convert a PC save game (Fallout 3) to an Xbox 360 format. I read briefly about this being done some time ago for Elder Scrolls IV , but it sounds complex. If there is no easy way, ie: software conversion, save to USB key, carry on playing etc. then I will pass. I am about 30 hours into Fallout 3 on PC, but thought it would we more convenient to play on the 360.

Also, how do I make my gamertag in my signature below look like GBAtemp member Prime's. I use him as an example, there are other members who have it setup like Prime's. I am just not seeing this option at mygamercard.net and I have registered even. Not a big deal, I just like that layout for the gamercard better.

Thanks

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of converting game saves. Its no big deal having to play fallout on your pc. You saved yourself $60 unless you flashed your 360 already.

UofG2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I changed my gamercard to NXE, missed that one.

I doubted the PC save to 360 was possible, it certainly isn't worth the effort to pursue.

I have not flashed my 360, I am thinking about it, need to research the risks, although I understand there are very few, my friend has made the conversion on his without incident.

I have a copy of Fallout 3 on PC, which saved me $60 as well. I will generalize and say it is running a "medium graphics" level, so I am missing out on some stuff and there are frame rate issues. My PC is a Pentium D 2.4 Ghz with 2 GB and an ATI Radeon x1550 512 PCI-e card, not exactly top for gaming, but not a priority right now.

I won't get into details on my home setup, my PC is connected to my HDTV and it is awkward to rest the keyboard and mouse on the coffee table. I suppose I could go with a gamepad instead, but anyway. The effort to play on the 360 would be less I will say, and it will look better graphically. I have another laptop and PC for day to day use, so there are no "comfort issues" there.

Thanks,

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you stay with the PC version of Fallout 3 you can enter codes in the console and use mods and stuff.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hello UofG, I just wanted to give you some info on flashing your 360.

There are some very good tutorials out there, and it shouldn't be too hard unless you're not good at all with computers (like me). You will need to purchase some things, but it's very worth it. Each 360 game is 60 bucks (brand new, of course) which is a lot of money. Flashing your 360 will save you a lot of money.

Just to let you know, there are some risks. If you play on Live, there is always a chance that you could get banned from Live for using a "backup" (burned game). However, there is a program you can use called xDvd Mulleter (or something like that... sorry, I feel awful right now and can't really think) that will let you check if the game is "stealthed". Just be careful though, because just because a game is stealthed doesn't mean you won't get banned from Live.

UofG2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Yes, I use the console on the PC version of Fallout 3 to restore NPC that drop themselves off cliffs, ie: Walter in Megaton. I will be staying with the PC version, I invested too much time in it to start over. It was "free" but I would gladly pay for it, I purchased all the other Fallouts.

I am comfortable doing the 360 flash, I've worked in IT for the past 10 years. I'm going to pass on it for now and work through the games I have first. Between the Wii, 360 and DS, work and 2 kids, (not listed in order of importance, obviously) I have very little time to actually play.

Thanks for the tip about stealthing, I wasn't aware of that, but I haven't had time to read all the tips on making the flash.

Thanks everyone for your advice,

UofG2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Lord,

I'm in Ontario, both my Wii and my 360 were birthday gifts (2 years ago and this year) from my inlaws. They are quite generous, I was stunned both times. I think I am good for a while now.

I re-read my last post. Totally unrelated, but you really can never tell how old people are on these or any forum. Not that it is a bad thing, just some of my co-workers thought it was funny that someone at my age, got a 360 for his brithday and had a Super Mario Bros cake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1