Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The Blizzard Pet Store is offering two new virtual pets to World of Warcraft players today, one of which has generated over $2 million in sales in its first four hours.

The "Celestial Steed" (right) is, according to its description on the Blizzard Store, "freshly born from the Twisting Nether" and allows players to "travel in style astride wings of pure elemental stardust."

More research is of course necessary but as of press time, it is widely believed that the Celestial Steed may be the fanciest horse ever born.

The fancy horse costs $25 and offers no new abilities to players, only riding as fast as a character's riding skill will enable it to go.

According to wow.com, the download queue as of 1:45 Pacific time was at 80,000. At $25 a pop, this means that this noble steed has generated sales of $2 million since its approximate debut at 9:30 this morning, or around $500,000 an hour.

1UP has reached out to Blizzard for commentary from the horse, and will report back if he is available.

Source

$25 for in-game content that's this stupid is, well, stupid. I mean for $25 I could buy a new game instead. Or at least like a bunch of map packs and other DLC for other games.

Kids these days...

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
$2M in 4 hours! And the thing is, since it's only a small piece of digital content, that's gotta be close to pure profit.

Exactly what I was thinking! All they have to do for another quick million is make a weapon and some armor people can buy (Or another horse), it amazes me how much money they can get.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it!

"I Don't Want Anyone To Jizz On Me" will be a MMORPG, unfortunately that means a further delay.

Expect it to hit in 2016.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. WoW sucks you in, then drains you of anything you have left that you call a life. Then you are brain washed and spend your money on worthless shit like this. (I played for two years so I know how "addicting" it can be.)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They charge for the game and expansions, they charge a monthly fee just to play, and now they're charging for microtransactions? I'm surprised the players don't realize that they're being bled dry.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DeMoN said:
They charge for the game and expansions, they charge a monthly fee just to play, and now they're charging for microtransactions? I'm surprised the players don't realize that they're being bled dry.
From their point of view:
Buying a game gets you more Internet friends
Buying expansions gets you more Internet friends
Monthly fee game members gets more Internet friends
Game content that you don't need but you get it anyway gets you more Internet friends.

Internet fame at it's low.
2r73cbm.jpg

Picture related, it's their face when realise it was all for nothing.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny picture, I liked it. lol
Bottom line is, don't play a MMO if you have an addictive personality, or if you're a loser.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i don't get it.

It's the users money, THEY spend in whatever they want. If they want a Mount ingame, let them have it.

IT'S NOT MANDATORY, and you all seem like hypocrits, saying stuff like it.

I actually stopped playing wow almost one year ago. and i don't feel bad or anything like that for spending almost 4 years paying to play a good game. It was enjoyable.

World of Warcraft IS a good game, no matter what anyone says, it IS the best MMORPG so far, no other game offers you so much stuff to do nor as many people for you to play it.

not all people playing the game are nerds.

optimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Funny picture, I liked it. lol
Bottom line is, don't play a MMO if you have an addictive personality, or if you're a loser.
^this.

definitely not all ppl who play are weird, no social life, nerds. but it does suck you in quickly. if you have no life already, never ever play this game. if you have a life with responsiblities, you'll be alright. the game is great and blizzard is genius. i played a yr and a half and loved it, but would never pay any money for in game content crap like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?