1. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    Or just go out to a club and get it for the price of two drinks.

Loose chicks ftw!

2. fatfrank

fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Blizzard, you've lost a loyal costumer, i've been a blizzard fan for a VERY long time... but now... your games are expensive, your add-ons are expensive, you have a monthly fee, now you sell items... for 25$ a piece? WTF. i also heard that Satrcraft 2 would be released in 3 full priced games?

the worst part is, people are gonna eat it like candy... keep following, sheeps, and maybe diablo 3 will be sold 80$ an act!

Maybe they will also charge 10$ each time we cast a town portal, that'd still be ok, it's blizzard!!!

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    WoW sucks as well. The game play is bland, the graphics are from like 1996 and its costly. I tried it once to see what the hype was about. Terrible game.

I assume its the interaction that people enjoy more than the game play. there is no way anyone truly LOVES the play style. Pokemon's battle system is more fun. And I think Pokemon is very bland as well (it is my 2nd favorite RPG, next to Zelda).

I hope one day Blizzard decides to just yank the plug and back out of WoW. That would be funny as hell to see.

4. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Can't be that bad, got a 9/10 lol

5. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Funny considering they overhauled the graphics engine for Wrath of the Lich King and are doing so again for Cataclysm to make it more modern. Hell my computer barely runs Lich King and it was still decent in 2006. WoW was very good for graphics when it came out in 2004, but Blizzard isn't forcing people to have mega PC's in order to run the game, that is how they keep a good player base, something other MMO's have never realized is that there are a huge number of factors that go into making a game good and successful. Every MMO that has come out in the last few years has been touted as a WoW killer and they all failed. They failed because their system requirements were too high for the average consumer and the games lacked all the features that WoW has. When you have a solid PvP base with international competitions every year, a plethora of content and a huge universe to explore, of course people are going to play it. You also have to take into account that it's based off one of the most storied franchises in gaming history and has a massive amount of depth to it's plot.

Oh and hating a game you barely got into is retarded, seeing as how there is a shitload to do.

6. Jeff88

Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Their devs' bank rolls just loled at you.

7. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

a shitload to do

but its all the same over and over again

8. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    So paying 15 dollars a month for endless content is a rip off whereas paying 80 dollars for a game that you will play for 8-12 hours, full clear and probably never touch again isn't a rip off? Fail logic is fail.

I put more game time into WoW per month than most people do with any other single game because of the amount of content available, I feel I am getting my money's worth whereas I could piss away 4x the price and buy something like God of War 3 or Assassin's Creed 2 and complete the whole game in 8 hours and it would be my game purchase for the month due to the asinine high cost. Console games that are that short are more of a fucking rip off than WoW is.

9. Kurobon

Kurobon Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    wow, thats so sad to see people actually pay for things like that

10. Jeff88

Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Define "same" for me please.

11. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Hilarious coming from someone with a Halo box in his avatar, you want to talk about repetitive, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. All games get repetitive, God of War is a button masher, Halo is the same lame fucking shooter regardless of game, etc etc but people still buy that kind of shit.

12. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If i was still playing i would have bought the fuck out of hte two plushie pets and the horse and lil xt

;_;

i wish i was still playing

13. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

oh god you take the internet seriously

thats so cute

14. prowler

prowler Sony

Zimbabwe
    I haven't read what he has put but I detect DSGamer64 is a hert WoW player.

15. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

well...
    you can't really call it sad.
    some people are really dedicated to these things.
    and apparently, to get a mount, it'll require a LOT of grinding. unlike this, you can just spend some money to get an insta-mount.

it is their choice.
    and you have your own choice.

you can either buy it,
    or not.

16. crazyshiza

crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

Wow, I bet it took a few graphical artists/programmers/QA a few days to put that together and look at all the money they make. They have a great thing going, it's practically pure profit! I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing stuff like this more often.

17. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'll get it on all my alts [​IMG] (because it's sent to every character on your account) and its both riding and flying

saves in game money

18. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff
    Former Staff

Djibouti
    First off, the little fairy horse looks gay as hell. I know its supposed to be like a physical manifestation of a constellation, but to mee it looks like a shitty wire frame horse that farts sparkle dust everywhere as you go.

Not to mention its $25. Jesus christ.

The only redeeming factor, is it's a 320% movement mount that you wouldn't have to grind for/pay ungodly amounts on the AH.

19. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Uh, you can't really buy any mounts cept the card game ones on the AH, and this doesn't go 310% speed unless you have one:

any raid mount
    violet protodrake
    any pvp upper level reward mounts

otherwise its $25 for 280% before things like crusader aura

20. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    For all I care people can buy whatever in-game content they want to, that's none of my damn business. However, I can say that if I were to ever play the game known as World of Warcraft (which I don't and never will be) I would most likely to be hesitant to pay even more money for something that already costs a fair amount of cash.

Endless? I beg to differ as there's no way there's unlimited of content in there for obvious reasons. And the thing about only having to pay $15/month is also not entirely true as you kind of have to pay for the new expansions in order to access the content within, right? [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Blizzard, makes, hours