image.jpg

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, that's normal for using the dns filtering. You can check the reports here: https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php

Or you could check wiiubrew periodically to see if there's a new update listed on there.

Ok thanks sorry if I posted in the wrong area I'm new to WiiU side of Homebrew while I'm not homebrewed yet still waiting on things sorry if I caused issues mod can lock this please or delete o.o

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how many times do these no0bs have to post this, I swear......... :wacko:
I know it's getting beyond a joke we see three or four threads a week all asking this very question. Newbies need to learn to search if the question they have has already been asked or worst case scenario check other sites before posting.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.O I'm not a newb!!! And I'm on iPad ! And my wifi is slow as molasses ... Yes I'm new at WiiU stuff but I am most certainly not a newb!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will say there are more rude people on this site then years ago jumping at accusing one of a Newb Because of a simple post question! I was just wondering if if there was a new update, first time using a dns, didn't see any recent posts on a new update so I made one ! Now I really do not want to here people calling me a newb on a simple question, Fine I was in the wrong, I did above ask a mod to lock this thread. Once I found out, Now if that could be done I'd be happy!

Reactions: Deleted User

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, you are less newbie (in wii u scene) since you learned a new thing. ;)
If you want to know why do that happen, it's because wii u tries to check for updates but fails because the DNS, and Nintendo never programmed an error for that, so it just displays update download error.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No: As far as I can make a non-programmer non-developer just-a-user assessment; The Wii U periodically checks for updates. If the connection to do so is stopped the Wii U Figures out there is a update but some sort of error in downloading it (because of the specific block to updates and nothing else)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.