Hacking New WIIu owner question

Harrydivot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just bought Wiiu for kids xmas, we already own soft modded wii so I intend to do similar to vWii to play those games and subsequently put loadiine on for Wiiu games.

My question is, it seems to be preferable not to update the system version but console came with download code for 2 games can I download/install these games without updating the console.

Apologies if answered elsewhere.

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi,

Just bought Wiiu for kids xmas, we already own soft modded wii so I intend to do similar to vWii to play those games and subsequently put loadiine on for Wiiu games.

My question is, it seems to be preferable not to update the system version but console came with download code for 2 games can I download/install these games without updating the console.

Apologies if answered elsewhere.

As already dABlackDeath stated, you're NOT able to just download / install those games without updating your WiiU to the latest firmware. You would first need to check if your WiiU is already on 5.3.2.
If FW < 5.3.2 -> Get MP10 and update via disc
FW = 5.3.2 -> You're lucky
FW 5.4 : You either wait and hope that the exploit will be released soon and don't play anything OR update to 5.5

If you're on 5.3.2 you can spoof your FW to 5.5 and you'll be able to download those games and play online.

D

Deleted-355425

Just download the roms for them and play them on loadiine on 5.3.2 firmware. You own the two products so I don't see any issues.

Harrydivot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks for the advice, looking at the pack again its only actually Splatoon which is a download the other game MK is already installed. I probably won't know the system till xmas as has to stay hidden.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the advice, looking at the pack again its only actually Splatoon which is a download the other game MK is already installed. I probably won't know the system till xmas as has to stay hidden.
The Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set was reported to come on 5.2.0, so you'll need to update to 5.3.2 using one of the following games (making sure the Wii U is offline):

USA:
Splatoon
Mario Party 10*
LEGO Jurassic World
Yoshi's Woolly World*

EUR:
Splatoon
Mario Party 10*
LEGO Jurassic World
Yoshi's Woolly World*
Shovel Knight
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush

*Reprints exist

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok great thanks

It's great that you are getting your kids a Wii U and all, but I don't think it's cool to make them wait for you to set it up on Christmas. The normal process is long enough, this is much longer. You have the normal set up, like re-syncing controllers and parental controls. You have the homebrew process, including setting up USB loader. You have the updating to 5.3.2, and the loadline. You can't do a system transfer, so you have to transfer over all the saved games and Mii's from the old Wii the hard way. I think it would be much better to have everything done beforehand, especially if your children are Santa age. Imagine their surprise when they get a fully functional Wii U with their Mii's and new NintendoNetwork accounts set up already!

What you should do is send them away on a sleepover, say next Saturday. Stay in with your wife, drink some wine, do all this set up. Fool around with the wife during the waiting bits. Then rehide the console. After teasing your wife like this for a couple hours, and drinking the amount of wine that you guys can handle, the kids away for the night, you are in for a wild ride my friend.

If the mother of the children is not available, due to death, or break up, or whatever, then amend the plan, drink whisky (or beer) instead of the wine, and play the game yourself until the wee hours. You can rehide the console in the morning before you go pick up your kids.

My plan is win win, both you and your kids, and possibly the kids mother, get much more fun. Both your Christmas's and your next Saturdays are much better.

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's great that you are getting your kids a Wii U and all, but I don't think it's cool to make them wait for you to set it up on Christmas. The normal process is long enough, this is much longer. You have the normal set up, like re-syncing controllers and parental controls. You have the homebrew process, including setting up USB loader. You have the updating to 5.3.2, and the loadline. You can't do a system transfer, so you have to transfer over all the saved games and Mii's from the old Wii the hard way. I think it would be much better to have everything done beforehand, especially if your children are Santa age. Imagine their surprise when they get a fully functional Wii U with their Mii's and new NintendoNetwork accounts set up already!

What you should do is send them away on a sleepover, say next Saturday. Stay in with your wife, drink some wine, do all this set up. Fool around with the wife during the waiting bits. Then rehide the console. After teasing your wife like this for a couple hours, and drinking the amount of wine that you guys can handle, the kids away for the night, you are in for a wild ride my friend.

If the mother of the children is not available, due to death, or break up, or whatever, then amend the plan, drink whisky (or beer) instead of the wine, and play the game yourself until the wee hours. You can rehide the console in the morning before you go pick up your kids.

My plan is win win, both you and your kids, and possibly the kids mother, get much more fun. Both your Christmas's and your next Saturdays are much better.
This guy!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Harrydivot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Slartibartfast42 , while not without merit I can see some obstacles for your plan to be implemented by me.

1. My MIL arrives for the holidays tonight
2 I don't drink
3 'Wild ride' and my 'wife' don't belong in the same sentence unfortunately

I might however try to get Wii U set up prior to Xmas but I am not putting myself under pressure as I don't want to brick it before they have chance to see it. :)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Slartibartfast42 , while not without merit I can see some obstacles for your plan to be implemented by me.

1. My MIL arrives for the holidays tonight
2 I don't drink
3 'Wild ride' and my 'wife' don't belong in the same sentence unfortunately

I might however try to get Wii U set up prior to Xmas but I am not putting myself under pressure as I don't want to brick it before they have chance to see it. :)

Oh too bad. Good luck with that.

Harrydivot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again, so I checked and its actually 5.40 :-( I have done the vwii part for backups and the Tubehax DNS now awaiting the Hykem exploit.

Question - I have a download code for Splatoon can I use this if I spoofed FW to 5.5.0 and use eshop access enabler?

Last edited by Harrydivot,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again, so I checked and its actually 5.40 :-( I have done the vwii part for backups and the Tubehax DNS now awaiting the Hykem exploit.

Question - I have a download code for Splatoon can I use this if I spoofed FW to 5.5.0 and use eshop access enabler?
Normally with the nnu-patcher you can have a temporal access to eshop which would allow you to redeem your code and download your game.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know normally we would recommend that people stay where they are, but since he has a download code that he's stuck with should we make an exception just this once and recommend that he update (since he's in that "no man's land" situation right now)?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know normally we would recommend that people stay where they are, but since he has a download code that he's stuck with should we make an exception just this once and recommend that he update (since he's in that "no man's land" situation right now)?

It's his choice.
He must know clearly what he can gain/lose by updating, for example updating from 5.4.0 means you lose the public OSDriver exploit and you also get a less reliable browser exploit.
But he can redeem his code and enjoy his splatoon before the exploits get released. There is also a chance/risk of his system getting updated if nintendo relases a new firmware update by then, which God knows what it will patch, could mean goodbye even for the upcoming IOSU exploit.

So yeah, it's your choice Harrydivot. Anyone who would recommand updating (unless from the devs of the exploits) is only speaking from his own opinion/choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone