iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
whats this used for in the first place? an update? or a softmod?

edit:
MaHe beat me to it
and you might not want to use [NEW] in the topic... a couple days from now, it'll be a lie
nyanya.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i must be really confused... does this mean it flashes the drives firmware? or does it just allow you to boot iso's from your comp with the cable?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Im going to buy the diodes and db25 conector to create the cable

if this is not a fake i will be testing it tonight
biggrin.gif

From the looks of the files, it looks quite real.
However, use at your own risk! Good luck!
wink.gif

i must be really confused... does this mean it flashes the drives firmware? or does it just allow you to boot iso's from your comp with the cable?
Yes, same as XBOX' softmod.
wink.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes, same as XBOX' softmod.
wink.gif

i still need to mod my 360, but i'm sooo confused when it comes to building cables and firmwares, i dont know where to start, what firmware to use for the x360...(i've looked into it a little, but i'm having a hard enough time understanding all the wii mod)...
anyways, with this, it eliminates the need for a chip right? do you think it'll support NTSC-J/U play?

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its definitely not a firmware flasher as it would say somthing about flashing in the nfo as its very risky thing to do. plus the title says its a iso loader sonds to me it Loads WII ISO's from PC.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
i wouldn't call anything that requires you to open your console and solder a "softmod", but cool to see nonetheless.

You don't need to solder, just make a cable (though that may require soldering). It's called softmod, because it doesn't physically change the console.
smile.gif

its definitely not a firmware flasher as it would say somthing about flashing in the nfo as its very risky thing to do. plus the title says its a iso loader sonds to me it Loads WII ISO's from PC.
That's impossible. And this IS a firmware flasher. dvdtool was released about two months ago, and when Wiinja code leaked on the net, somebody simply preinjected it into the firmware and made a flasher. It's that easy.
wink.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

well thats kinda gay...

edit: 2 pages in 20 minutes...

edit:
That's impossible. And this IS a firmware flasher. dvdtool was released about two months ago, and when Wiinja code leaked on the net, somebody simply preinjected it into the firmware and made a flasher. It's that easy.
wink.gif
is that even possible? i thought the code that leaked was just the communications of the drive after the chip already started the game.

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i wouldn't call anything that requires you to open your console and solder a "softmod", but cool to see nonetheless.

You don't need to solder, just make a cable (though that may require soldering). It's called softmod, because it doesn't physically change the console.
smile.gif

wink.gif

the instructions clearly state that you need to open your console, and "check your solder points with a multimeter" after you connect your homemade cable to the drive board.

this is a hardware mod, and a dirty one at that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1