New WII with firmware 4.3E; where to start?

Nakedfoxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi,
My brother got wii from a friend with firmware 4.3E and it's have USB Loader gx in home screen.
I'm trying to play with it and wanted to know where to start about homebrew and which exploit can work with it...?
Should i install other exploit?

Attachments

• LMC_12.8.4.pq20221023_074951_PQ.F3-Pro-R14.jpg
    LMC_12.8.4.pq20221023_074951_PQ.F3-Pro-R14.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 41

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did Nand backup; got one factory bad block (i understand that it's ok)
Did it complete the backup process?
- is the sdcard must stay in wii as part of the exploit?
The sd card should contain the homebrew apps like usbloadergx, homebrew channel, emulators etc. You can't install them on the system itself (apart from the forwarder). So yes, the sd card is necessary.
I would recommend installing the homebrew channel forwarder wad on the Wii's home menu, and with it if you lose your sd or change or whatever, you can just place your homebrews in sd:/apps folder and run the HC forwarder to access them.
- what about the sdcard size; im using 16GB; where do i store the files? (homebrew, emulator...)
Homebrew apps should be in the sd, sd:/apps folder specifically, as they don't take much space. So any storage capacity is fine don't go above 32GB or 64GB..
For emulators, the emulators should be stored inside the apps folder, but i would recommend storing your roms inside an external hdd (along with Wii & GC games). Specially if you're planning on having full romsets of various consoles etc. But you could install them if you plan on using just a few emulators/roms i guess..
Now i want to put some emulators and RetroArch (if possible)
Retroarch is not that spectacular on the Wii, but you're free to try it if you want. You'd need Retroarch itself and the emulator cores, they may or may not come with it, so make they're there. Your roms can be stored anywhere, just linked to where they're stored.
What other emulators i recommend are:
- Nintendont (not really an emulator but you should have it if you want to play GC games on your Wii).
- Snes9x GX (or one of its forks) for Snes games.
- Fceug gx (or one of its forks for nes games.
- Genesis Plus GX for Gen/SMS/GG etc.
- VBA GX for GB/GBC/GBA, although it can be a bit laggy for some gba games..
You can find find them all here on this site, @SaulFabre is updating them here pretty frequently. ;)

Nakedfoxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Did it complete the backup process?
yes, backup and verification was completed.
size of backup is around 528MB
* i will keep it in safe places

I got it it to run few *.wbfs games with USB Loader homebrew from external usb (i used wii backup manager)
i will go into the emulators later.
- i set Priiloader to boot straight to 'homebrew' menu, is that ok or should i set it to 'wii menu' and from there open the homebrew channel?
- can i pair PS4/Xbox controller?

thank you all for the help

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- i set Priiloader to boot straight to 'homebrew' menu, is that ok or should i set it to 'wii menu' and from there open the homebrew channel?
Yea, it's fine.
- can i pair PS4/Xbox controller?
Do you want to use them to play Wii games? If so then, no. Maybe for games that support the Wii Classic & GC Controller, but you should look around here on the Temp if that's even possible. But definitely not Wiimote & Nunchuck only games.
As for Nintendont (GC games) and emulators, sure, they work, you just need to connect through usb or get some Bluetooth adapter if you want to use them wirelessly i think..

Nakedfoxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, i found out that wii controller aren't working in RetroArch (i tried to play xmen vs street fighter)
I have ps3 and xbox one controller and i don't know if they can be paired (usb or wireless) to play in RetroArch.
If someone know how...?
What controller are people using to play in RetroArch? anything i can buy off Amazon / AliExpress?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not even my CRT (Pal) had any problems when having that Wii connected (feared I had to use something more modern to get any picture).
Off Topic, but that actually surprises me! Those old CRTs don't have a processor to deal with the difference in PAL/ NTSC do they? Wouldn't have thought it would work. NTSC stuff always used to look awful on PAL screens if I remember rightly ahaha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse