Hacking New Wii U owner, seeking advice for vWii homebrew

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a wii u and I would like to enable homebrew on the vWii, specifically, loading wii backups from an usb flash drive (not hard drive, flash drive).

I have lego batman and a 2gb SD card.

From what I have gathered, I am good to go, however every guide I find is kind of outdated (from 2012), so I don't know how things have changed since then.

For example, when I follow links from said guides to get the HBC for the vWii using the mii installer thing, the download link is dead.

So before I follow some deprecated guide, could anyone guide me in the right direction? Is there any up to date guide I can follow? Or can anyone write me a quick guide? Hopefully with links that aren't dead.

I just want to make sure I don't brick my vWii following some old guide and files that might not even work with my wii u version, I'm on the latest Wii U version (5.0.0) if that has any impact.

Any help is appreciated.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah no problems... are you following asper's guide? The alternative link will be fine to download, think it was last updated a couple of months ago too.
Firmware 5.0.0 is also fine. Just follow the instructions properly and you'll be good to go. ;)

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed the guide and managed to sucesfully hack my vWii, but I still can't figure out how to load games from an usb flash drive.

What am I missing? The guide doesn't really explain how to load backups, just how to hack the vWii

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what I'm confused about is, do I put the app in my sd card and then put the games (iso) on the flash drive? Or do I put the app in the flashdrive too?

I'm planning to use usb loader gx

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did all that, what I'm trying to do now is figuring how to actually load the games lol

I'll test and come back

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a flash drive, does it make a difference? I'm still moving the game to the flash drive, takes a while.

I heard you had to do some stuff about wbfs and folders with the game id and stuff like that, is that old procedures and can I just copy paste the iso on the flash drive and load it with gx?

sandmanalfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I got metroid prime 3 to show up on usb loader gx but when I start it up it goes to a black screen and back to the homebrew channel

Can anyone help me?

edit: never mind, got it to work with wiiflow, gx loader didn't want to work for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."