[NEW] Wii U NDS Injection Compatibility List

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BEFORE READING, PLEASE BE NOTED THAT THIS IS A NEW LIST SHOWN HERE. THE OLD LIST IS NOW DEPRICATED AND DELETED ON THIS THREAD. DOWNLOAD THE TXT FILE ON THIS POST TO READ THE OLD DESCRIPTION.]

Hello people. I am creating an NDS/Whole VC Injection Compatibility list for the Nintendo Wii U. This is in order to make this type of information more up-to-date, rather than people using the (very outdated) GBATemp Wiki's Compatibility list.

The beginning portion for this list may be small, but Game Titles will be added over time like the previous Compatibility list. Game Base's will also be added over time as well if they make any big differences with Compatibility.

If you want to contribute to the list, please contact me via a PM or a reply on this thread.

[Google SpreadSheets Link]
Wii U NDS Injection Compatibility List [V2]

Attachments

• OLD Wii U NDS VC Compat GBATemp Description.txt
    831 bytes · Views: 28
Last edited by NecroNova,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we can ever figure out a trick to getting the DSi enhanced games (like Pokemon Black/White and Black2/White2) to boot on the Wii U. I really doubt that the Wii U simply can't play them, I'm betting the DS emulation just has some sort of argument stopping it from loading up such games.

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we can ever figure out a trick to getting the DSi enhanced games (like Pokemon Black/White and Black2/White2) to boot on the Wii U. I really doubt that the Wii U simply can't play them, I'm betting the DS emulation just has some sort of argument stopping it from loading up such games.
Being honest here i dont think Nintendo would go far enough with the DS Emulator to support the DSi Features, nor the DSi Enhanced games. They might be possible to boot up the games if we can get the standard (Non-Enhanced version) booting up, but it seems unlikely for the time being.
Maybe once i finally test the games i can get a result, but until then its undetermined for this list.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being honest here i dont think Nintendo would go far enough with the DS Emulator to support the DSi Features, nor the DSi Enhanced games. They might be possible to boot up the games if we can get the standard (Non-Enhanced version) booting up, but it seems unlikely for the time being.
Maybe once i finally test the games i can get a result, but until then its undetermined for this list.
Right, they wouldn't support DSi features (Wasn't thinking they would), but even a DS or DSlite can run DSi enhanced games like Black and White. So I definitely believe the Wii U is capable of loading the games (don't know how well they'd run, but they should be able to boot, but they might be a mess like GTA Chinatown Wars on the Wii U), with some editing to either the rom file or maybe the emulator's files themselves.

Reactions: NecroNova

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, they wouldn't support DSi features (Wasn't thinking they would), but even a DS or DSlite can run DSi enhanced games like Black and White. So I definitely believe the Wii U is capable of loading the games (don't know how well they'd run, but they should be able to boot, but they might be a mess like GTA Chinatown Wars on the Wii U), with some editing to either the rom file or maybe the emulator's files themselves.
I do think your theory could be true, although it would take some time to actually do such a thing for the Emulator or Rom File itself. Maybe in the far future we could see playable results for those types of games, but as it stands for now they seem unplayable.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just update the list? instead of making a txt file... its easier for everyone if you add the games that arent there or update the entrys that are bad anyway...

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection

seriously anyone can add/update anything just do it there and its easier for everyone.
Believe me, i would do it if i could but for some reason it doesnt allow me access to edit it and everytime i try to make an account it says "If you don't have a wiki account, you can request one by PM to the Admin" which i dont wanna go through the trouble of doing so.

When the list is completed i also plan to make a non-txt version of the file on a website (like google docs)

jrb0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it's been awhile, but has anyone had any luck with Dragon Quest V: Hand of the heavenly bride for DS? I'm getting a black screen on start up.

Edit: Got it working with a different US rom and used one of the larger base games (Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros. DS) to inject with. Just had to try a different US rom.

Last edited by jrb0,

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd like to contribute:

[GER] Pokemon - Perl Version / Perl-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - Diamond Version / Diamant-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - Platinum Version / Platin-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - HeartGold Version / Goldene Edition HeartGold (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - SoulSilver Version / Silberne Edition SoulSilver (No Issues)

Base for all:
The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [EUR]

DarkSpineEX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads Up!
My Sims on the NDS works mostly to an extent loading seems slower than usual but main game through the tutorial plays the same so I'll write off My Sims off as a mostly functional title though the loading lag may be inconsistent

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to contribute:

[GER] Pokemon - Perl Version / Perl-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - Diamond Version / Diamant-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - Platinum Version / Platin-Edition (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - HeartGold Version / Goldene Edition HeartGold (No Issues)
[GER] Pokemon - SoulSilver Version / Silberne Edition SoulSilver (No Issues)

Base for all:
The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [EUR]
While those are very much working in the current TXT file im glad to hear that they work with Zelda Spirit Tracks as the base.

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you try it yourself and report your findings in the wiki?

Reading that back sounds really cheeky but I'm honestly not being a dick!! The inject process is easy anyway.
very much late response but id like to call back to a post ive already made addressing this action

ive actually tried to edit but it then says "this request is only available to users" which i then tried to make an account it says to "PM an admin" which i dont want to go through the hassle to.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

ghostbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the list is completed i also plan to make a non-txt version of the file on a website (like google docs)
It makes no sense to wait for the list to be completed for this, so that people can actually collaboratively edit it without a huge pain.

Here you go.

Someone with more stamina than me should probably convert it into a spreadsheet, but I've done my part here.

edit: oops, I'm compulsive, it's the bones of a spreadsheet now but not fully converted, have fun

Last edited by ghostbit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.