Gaming New Wii U Mario game confirmed for E3

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.joystiq.c...rio-game-at-e3/

In an article about the Louvre's 3DS integration, Spanish newspaper El Mundo said that Miyamoto revealed plans to show a new Super Mario game for Wii U at E3. However, without a direct quote, it seemed likely that he had been talking about the Wii U and the (confirmed) 3DS Super Mario game, and the two had become conflated. The other, less likely option, is that Miyamoto had let slip the existence of an unannounced game, which is out of character for anyone at Nintendo.

However, that's exactly what happened. Eurogamer received confirmation from Nintendo. "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo," the Nintendo representative told the site. "We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

During the last E3, Nintendo showed a Wii U game (above) based on New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's possible that demo may have evolved into this new game, or it could be something totally different. All we know at this point is that it's a "Super Mario Bros. game."

We all knew a new mario game was in the works, but with it showing at E3 it may even make it to launch which would be a HUGE system seller. Maybe even a smaller title as a pack-in would do even better.

(update) Confirmed the new mario title is based off the E3 demo from last year!
http://kotaku.com/59...and-mario-to-e3

Update: Nintendo has responded. "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

So we have a confirmation that this is a New Super Mario Bros game... but will it be the rumored Super Mario 4?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I love the first two games, I hope its not another New Super Mario Bros game, unless they've made it very different.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No more Galaxy please, hopefully a direct spiritual sequel to Super Mario 64. Co-op with Luigi please.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or Super Mario Sunshine 2, because that was the best of the best.
I see that coming to 3DS just like Luigi's Mansion 2 is or maybe a couple of years...if they ever do it because I'm sure they're go for either a big money spinner style title like NSMB to bring the casuals in or something big like World/64/Galaxy were. I don't think Sunshine 2 would be something that they'd think would be a system seller.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this will be the first fully fledged game since galaxy 2, and that was two years ago.
Announcing it at E3 would probably mean a 2013 release.

Personally I want a whole new style, make it take place in an urban place with sewers and stuff I mean he's a plumber after all, imagine a 3d platformer that has that original arcade Mario Bros/clash feel lookswise, that would totally freshen things up.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hopefully this will be the first fully fledged game since galaxy 2, and that was two years ago.

Personally I want a whole new style, make it take place in an urban place with sewers and stuff I mean he's a plumber after all, imagine a 3d platformer that has that original arcade Mario Bros/clash feel lookswise, that would totally freshen things up.
I think you'd enjoy the paper mario series.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announcing it at E3 means were seeing a 2013 release for this.
Well not really.

So far they haven't announced one title for Wii U and its pretty expected that they will launch with at least one title. Super Mario 3D Land was announced at GDC 2011 and was released the same year. Same with Mario Kart 7.

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If that's the criteria Wii U's going to have only 2-3 games come launch ;) We're going to see a whoooole lot of Wii U games announced at E3, and a lot of them are likely to be out at launch.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

I think you'd enjoy the paper mario series.
I do enjoy Paper Mario but they aren't exactly platformers plus it isn't the same style as the one I'm thinking of, have a look at Mario Clash to see what I mean.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Announcing it at E3 means were seeing a 2013 release for this.
Well not really.

So far they haven't announced one title for Wii U and its pretty expected that they will launch with at least one title. Super Mario 3D Land was announced at GDC 2011 and was released the same year. Same with Mario Kart 7.
I was thinking early 2013 but maybe you're right we have no idea how far into development they actually are.

Damn double post.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
If the WiiU launched with a Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong or Kirby game I'd have to get it..if it's no opening with any of it's own development..I'm not buying it.
The 3DS made me realise it's not worth pre-ordering a console unless you're damn sure some good games are going to come out at the same time.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
NEW Mario RPG made by Square-Enix.

It was one thing during the peak of their business, but now.....I dunno.

edit

As far as a platformer is concerned, I realized that the last unique Mario "platformer" to launch with a Nintendo system was Mario 64 on the N64. The GC and Wii didn't, and neither did the GBA/DS (both of which had remakes), and 3DS.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW Mario RPG made by Square-Enix.
lol NO!

Square Enix are nothing now without their other studios, the last good game they did was The World Ends With You...in 2009...and that was co-developed by Jupiter. In house they make pretty sub-standard titles.

Best leave the RPG titles to Intelligent Systems who have BETTERED SMRPG with Paper Mario & Mario & Luigi 1 & 3, besides this is more likely to be a platformer.

D

Deleted_171835

Square Enix are nothing now without their other studios, the last good game they did was The World Ends With You...in 2009...and that was co-developed by Jupiter. In house they make pretty sub-standard titles.

Best leave the RPG titles to Intelligent Systems who have BETTERED SMRPG with Paper Mario & Mario & Luigi 1 & 3, besides this is more likely to be a platformer.
Actually Alphadream made the Mario & Luigi titles (which are damn good games, especially Superstar Saga). But yeah, we don't really need an RPG from Square Enix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night