New Wii U came with 1.0.2 Firmware - Update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by hexcode99, Sep 5, 2014.

1. hexcode99
    OP

hexcode99 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2013
    United States
    Picked up a Wii U 8GB Skylanders Bundle for $185 and it has 1.0.2 firmware installed.
    Are there any hacks/firmware modifications that would make it worth keeping this firmware or just update?

System is for games like Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and maybe, hopefully, F-Zero U in the future.

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No, you might as well update it for the moment. If you want to hack it for Wii games etc.. which work on any firmware then yes but as far as homebrew and WiiU games are concerned just update.

3. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Its up to you, if you don't need the online feature then there's really no need to update. However if you get new games just update from disc.

No one knows what firmware is required to hack with wiiukey or similar, hopefully all firmwares

4. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Well, it depends, if you REALLY care about homebrew, disconnect the internet and update with MK8 disc, it will give you the 4.1.0 firmware, it have the browser exploit and also, the Chadderz exploit.

FanLuigi likes this.
  5. Incure

Incure Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Any change in this? I've got my hands on a Wii U temporarily which came with 1.0.2 E firmware out of the box. Only installed HBC on vWii for now.

6. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
  7. Incure

Incure Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Thanks for your answer, but maybe someone could gather some info about this Wii U or wanted to test something because of the low/first firmware. If not then I'll update to just to 5.5.0 because I don't have interest in playing Wii U backups/home brew.

8. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I don't think there's much interest in old wiius. You might be able to find a buyer in a few months if exploitable wiius become scarce.

thaikhoa likes this.
  9. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Update then. Homebrew on WiiU won't be better than Wii in the nearest future.