Gaming New Wii Scrubbing Settings and Sizes

corolla0305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all i am keen to find out from a fellow mate on a private site on how he done it, but he managed to compress a Wii Game......London Taxi Rush Hour and a Hampster one all the way down to 80Mb even though scrubber said 200-250mb on each, this save A LOT of bandwith etc but it is amazing how someone can download it for 4+GB and then make it only 80mb......will add in how he done it when i find out

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i just noticed that as well on one site im with its 53.92mb. and the other 4.14 GB
pretty amazing stuff!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Um...all you have to do is select the 'no headers' option with 1.2 onwards.

Smallest so far is Wiichess at 26 Meg after removing the update partition, Baloon Pop comes in at 34 Meg or so. The usual DDI 'game' e.g. The Kawasaki games etc. come out at between 70 meg and 110Meg or so.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry dont know anything about scrubbing etc apart from seeing a few games massively undersized on NG which are obviously these, but just a question, do the games return to their original 4.5 gig when uncompressed ? if not would it be possible to make a multigame disk ? sorry if the questions are stupid lol but i just wanted to know.

Scouse

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scousethief said:
Sorry dont know anything about scrubbing etc apart from seeing a few games massively undersized on NG which are obviously these, but just a question, do the games return to their original 4.5 gig when uncompressed ? if not would it be possible to make a multigame disk ? sorry if the questions are stupid lol but i just wanted to know.

Scouse

From what I know, There is no way to load multigames and if the games are compressed this much, there will be issues when the IOS37 becomes activated in the firmware.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
scousethief said:

Scouse

From what I know, There is no way to load multigames and if the games are compressed this much, there will be issues when the IOS37 becomes activated in the firmware.

*SIGH*

I sometimes wonder why I bothered writing a FAQ.

IOS37 fixes the Trucha bug

WiiScrubber does not use the Trucha Bug (unless you modify individual files or use the Trucha scrubbing option)

Scrubber just 'scrubs' the cack data out of the iso which has the effect of making the ISO compressable. The ISO is still 4.3 Gig after scrubbing.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dack said:
Edgedancer said:
scousethief said:

Scouse

*SIGH*

I sometimes wonder why I bothered writing a FAQ.

IOS37 fixes the Trucha bug

WiiScrubber does not use the Trucha Bug (unless you modify individual files or use the Trucha scrubbing option)

Scrubber just 'scrubs' the cack data out of the iso which has the effect of making the ISO compressable. The ISO is still 4.3 Gig after scrubbing.

I am sorry for being misinformed. From what I gathered, selecting the no headers option meant using the Trucha bug. Sorry again.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
No worries.

The 'no headers' option just puts blanks insead of the 1k header in the sectors that are 'scrubbed'. As the headers amount to 1k for every 32k then you have an overhead of about 150-200 Meg usually (1 / 32 of the partition size). For small games that makes a heck of a difference.

Someone just posted hamster heroes on a.b.g.wii at 56 Meg so looks like someone's realised
smile.gif

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
The important thing there was saying "without the update partition" - which you can remove using other tools (and the wiiscrubber version I'm currently testing).

Someone posted wiichess on a.b.g.wii a few weeks ago at 26 Meg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night