Hacking New Wii Hacks For 4.2 Great Or Troublesome ?

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I installed the homebrew channel and a couple of other usual apps (wads) on my wii while currently being on system 4.20
I was stoked, over the moon, cheering. I used these files and tutorial in read me i will post it here. The File Was named (official 4.2 offline mod pack) and the link is ( http://download375.mediafire.com/2ildm1gjm...ne+mod+pack.zip )for all ppl wanting to use it or help mei would just like to add i dont takecredit for any of this im just a downloader lol any way lucky i didnt create it because it bricked my wii im not blaming any1 in particular as ive seen ppl get upset but god damn it occurs to me that everyone gets bricked once they load preloader no wonder they have that large warning befor u press 1 to install lol but as im saying its the first time I have used it so it could just be me or in the tutorial i might have missed a step or not done a step right but it stuffed up at step 13 the preloader step i started getting those damn 2011 error messages and then b4 i new it my wii was bricked this is the tutorial below.

all credit goes to xzxero from gbatemp
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

required beforehand
- SD card [preferably non-sdhc] with around 700mb free [600mb for NAND backup, 100mb everything else]
- PC with internet connection [so Wii doesn't have to be hooked up to WiFi]
- GC Controller
- Wii [to mod]

extract the "newmod.zip" and load your SD card up with the files from the sdroot folder.

Insert the SD card into the Wii.

1] Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu and choosing yes to load boot.dol
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.

Restart your Wii, either:

If Bootmii was installed as Boot2, it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a gc controller.]
Press reset again to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

or,

If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A.
Press A again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

2] Put the SD card back in your PC , and backup the Bootmii folder from your SD card root to your PC.

3] Navigate to the cboot2>try this 1st folder.

4] Drop the Bootmii folder, boot.dol, and startup.elf from the try this 1st folder onto your SD card root.

5] Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
The screen should trip out briefly then WAD Manager should start.

6] Choose the SD Slot
Press A on the following IOS's:
IOS222-64-v65280.wad
IOS223-64-v65280.wad
IOS249-64-v65280.wad
IOS250-64-v65280.wad
Then press left or right to uninstall them.

7] Press home to return to the Homebrew Channel and put the SD card back in your PC again.

8] Go to your cboot2 folder and put the boot.dol onto your SD card root to overwrite the one already there.

9] Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
This time it should start the cIOS installer.

10] Press left until you see do not reload IOS and choose WAD install.

11] Start the Homebrew Channel and load up DOP-IOS v8
On IOS 36, press A to select yes to install, Sig Hash Check, and ES_identify.
Press right until you see IOS53.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS55.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

12] Run Wad Manager
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to open from SD.
Install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad and exit.

13] Run Preloader .29
Press 1 twice and it should install. [Don't worry, it takes it's time.]
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Go to the settings and make sure the IOS is set to 70.
Save settings.

14] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

15] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

16] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

So yeah if any one has had the same problem that would be great if u could help id just like to add a few things it stuck on preloader and i cant acsess the wii menu i cant load wad managers or boot mii from the HBC otherwise i propably would have solved the problem i can rarely get into HBC from preloader its by cahance that i do have to restart the wii about 100 times to maybe get into it i when i start apps in it it just goes black and wont load them i cant believe something so awesome turned to havoc lol if any1 could help it would be great thanks guys youve been so much help over the years ive watched the forums for all type of stuff not just wiis
P.S Save Me

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason i would do this is because i need help im not saying to use it or its new all im saying is does any1 know how to fix it but yeah great help you were ill remember not to help u when u need help buddy

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh and by the way if u had read the post i clearly said it is not my guide the only connection i have to this guide is i used it and it F@%^ED ME !!
pLEASE IF ANY 1 HAS ANY IDEAS IM NEW TO THE WII HACKING SCENE ALTHOUGH I AM NOT COMPUTER ILLITERATE SO I WILL UNDERSTAND WAT U MEAN THANKS GUYS

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oH AND BY THE WAY I GOT THIS FROM HERE AND IT WAS POSTED HERE AND THE DOWNLOAD LINK WAS HERE SO ITS NOT LIKE IM DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER
lecture.gif
wtf.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you might be computer literate, but you sure are lacking in the communication skills department.

Anyway, what is the exact state of your console right now? have you tried holding reset to get into Preloader?

nguyeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you have Bootmii installed as Boot2?
How badly your Wii bricked? Can you still access the system menu or HBC?
Please clarify so other ppl can help you.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what you said you seem to at least be able to get into preloader ok. Can you install files in preloader and run them directly from there instead of trying to load up the HBC?

What exactly was the last thing you did to cause the brick? Did you properly install the patched IOS70 BEFORE installing preloader? Did you do something stupid afterwards and uninstall ANYTHING?

Edit: And what system menu does preloader say you're on now?

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can get in to HBC at times and i can load things in preloader but due to my wiis status some things will install through preloader but will not load ive tried loading apps from HBC not much works i beliecve my wii is completley bricked when i turn it off and restart all i get is preloader it says version 70 and i did load this succesfully before i loaded preloader it was when i tryed to do this step

13] Run Preloader .29
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Save settings.

It went silly and when i tried to go back to system menu it gave me that msg wii system is corrupted blah bla blah read manual i did succesfully change hacks setting and make sure sytem settings were set to 70 but after that nothing
once again thanks for helping i appreciate it dearly

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doped505069 said:
I can get in to HBC at times and i can load things in preloader but due to my wiis status some things will install through preloader but will not load ive tried loading apps from HBC not much works i beliecve my wii is completley bricked when i turn it off and restart all i get is preloader it says version 70 and i did load this succesfully before i loaded preloader it was when i tryed to do this step

13] Run Preloader .29
Save settings.

It went silly and when i tried to go back to system menu it gave me that msg wii system is corrupted blah bla blah read manual i did succesfully change hacks setting and make sure sytem settings were set to 70 but after that nothing
once again thanks for helping i appreciate it dearly

So as soon as you installed preloader you couldn't get into your system menu anymore? Are you positive you installed the patched IOS70 in the step beforehand or at least were properly on 4.2 to begin with?

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah im 100 percent sure im trying everything just to get bootmii 2 load so i can fix it in there i believe once i get in there ill be ok ive been testing all the apps in HBC and when they launch like the wad managers and that the remotes lights go away as if nothing is happening and ive tried gc controller to navigate around as wee im curious wat does error 2011 mean i though it meant wii mem is full or wads cant be installed is that true ? all Hbc will load effectivley is the homebrew browser is there anything on there i can use to fix this thanks for ur help

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guess wat i cant believe i downloaded bootmii config editor through th HBC channel and ran it it loaded i didnt change any settings i just let it find my bootmii installation and its like it repaired it lol cant believe itthanks for ur help though nabster 92 some ppl and here would rather critisise then help but when they want help they beg

twistedlace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, with regards to this post, I am new to this and looking for some help if possible ( or I will be buying my girlfriend a new wii!! ), my problem relates to this 4.2 update. I have followed the instructions for this and have not come back with any error messages and everything 'seems' to have gone ok but i must have done somthing wrong. when the Wii loads it goes straight to the system menu, where i can access the homebrew chennel other options are

installed file
load/install file
system menu hacks
and settings

but I cannot see how to load any games, and can no longer get into the original wii menu, im not sure if this is normal but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be most greatful.

thanks for your help

nguyeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twistedlace said:
Hi All, with regards to this post, I am new to this and looking for some help if possible ( or I will be buying my girlfriend a new wii!! ), my problem relates to this 4.2 update. I have followed the instructions for this and have not come back with any error messages and everything 'seems' to have gone ok but i must have done somthing wrong. when the Wii loads it goes straight to the system menu, where i can access the homebrew chennel other options are

installed file
load/install file
system menu hacks
and settings

but I cannot see how to load any games, and can no longer get into the original wii menu, im not sure if this is normal but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be most greatful.

thanks for your help

If you still have access to the HBC, and u can run Wad Manager, google this IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad, then use Wadmanager to install this wad for you 4.2 menu.
After that you should be able to access your original menu. Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2