Trolly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
High Voltage Software, Inc., the independent developer behind the upcoming Wii first-person shooter The Conduit, today announced that it will host a booth at next month's Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3), where visitors will have a chance to play the studio's latest title. The company has chosen E3 as the venue to debut a previously unannounced IP behind closed doors to select media representatives.

"2009 is already shaping up to be a groundbreaking year for this studio," said Kerry J. Ganofsky, CEO and founder of High Voltage Software. "The release of The Conduit is just around the corner and there is more to come. We feel that E3 is the perfect opportunity to show off our hard work and give a taste of our very latest project."

"I won't say much about our new property until we unveil it at E3," said Eric Nofsinger, Chief Creative Officer of High Voltage Software. "But I can guarantee that we are continuing to push our technology to the absolute limit in order to deliver experiences that are beyond jaw-dropping."

High Voltage Software's booth will be located in the first row of the West Hall, Booth 4500. 2009 marks the first year for High Voltage Software as an E3 exhibitor. Booth hours will match those of the trade show, from Tuesday, June 2, through Thursday, June 4. Visitors at the booth will have a chance to play the final version of The Conduit, which is scheduled for release on the Nintendo Wii on June 23. The Conduit received a number of awards at last year's E3, including Best Overall Wii Game from IGN.com and Gametrailers.com. Publishers and members of the press interested in meeting individually with High Voltage Software should email [email protected] and specify available meeting times.

Source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/983/983958p1.html

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its hard to be excited for this when the best game I've played of theirs was High Voltage Hot Rod Show...and that was just ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Voltage_...Developed_games

Apart from ports, there isn't anything of any worth. I was interested in Animales de la Muerte but it looks like that'll be a retail game and I dont see it being worthy of that. Also, while I think it'll be a good game I don't think The Conduit will be anything to be worth remembering in the future.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Trolly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Apart from ports, there isn't anything of any worth. I was interested in Animales de la Muerte but it looks like that'll be a retail game and I dont see it being worthy of that. Also, while I think it'll be a good game I don't think The Conduit will be anything to be worth remembering in the future.

Mm, fair point, but they're a developer who's excited to try and please the hardcore fanbase on Wii, and a lot has to be said for just that. And if they get enough revenue off The Conduit (which seems likely with all the hype) they'll be able to do much bigger stuff.
I agree that The Conduit looks slightly less fantastic than everyone makes it out to be, but hopefully the puzzle mechanic(s) and story will make it a game to remember.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

Mm, fair point, but they're a developer who's excited to try and please the hardcore fanbase on Wii, and a lot has to be said for just that. And if they get enough revenue off The Conduit (which seems likely with all the hype) they'll be able to do much bigger stuff.
I agree that The Conduit looks slightly less fantastic than everyone makes it out to be, but hopefully the puzzle mechanic(s) and story will make it a game to remember.
Yeah, I'd rather we had more developers that may at least try then those who play it safe and makes clone games of whatever is selling well.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, surprise game from High Voltage?
I'm hoping for a flight sim style game using that nice graphics engine they have.
Maybe a nice futuristic racer.

I'm still hyped for the Condiut.
I'm confident it'll be at least a decent game with good graphics.
Besides if the graphics are over hyped and the game is actually good, then it'll just be a good game that happens to look good too.
For me, I'm expecting things to move around so I can shoot them.
It'll look good and be atleast a decent shooter with online play.
I think I'll be happy paying fifty bucks for it.
Just hope that all the footage we've seen didn't just show the only three levels in the game.
Would suck if it ended up just being a short game without much to really look at it.

Anyway, more using the engine the Conduit uses should be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs