Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Activision on the Wii is mostly either downgraded ports of good 360/PS3 games but even worse or shovelware that Zoo Games/DSI Games would be proud of, this looks a cut above most games. Ok GH5 is actually very good but...ssshhh you didn't see me write that.

Last month or so they announced "Jurassic: The Hunted" with very little fanfare and everyone pretty much assumed that even the "HD" versions would be awful so hope for the Wii version was pretty low, lower than even Quantum of Solace (which is actually a bad Wii game that some people like). Anyway here is footage of the Wii version of this Turok wannabe and while its hardly at the high end of FPS goodness that PC and none Wii console owners get, at least it looks better than Far Cry Wii & QoS. I would go as far as say that it looks better than Conduit (though to me that didn't look that great anyway) but then thats not saying much at all.

Pretty sure most comments will be "blah blah N64 blah blah Dreamcast, blah blah Conduit was teh hawtness" mostly by people who have never seen a Dreamcast or N64 title but whatever. I'm still not expecting much from this title but at least the people porting the game has put some effort in there albeit in a game that looks like another generic FPS on whatever console its on.

The game is out this in the US today.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it ships today anyway, whether stores have in stock is another matter.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have seen the videos for both versions and the difference is not as large as in some games. I like the look of it. I doubt it will light my world on fire but ti sounds like a decent way to spend an afternoon considering I have heard the campaign is about 3-5 hours long.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
would go as far as say that it looks better than Conduit (though to me that didn't look that great anyway) but then thats not saying much at all.

actually as far as overall game experience and even graphics..... it really does look better than the conduit!!!! (conduit was a big let down for me cuz story mode really sucks, only plus is online gaming and decent graphics)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game doesn't look too bad.
Graphics could use some more work but it looks like a proper FPS.

I agree about the Conduit as well.
The Story mode was a bit of a let down.
It ended so suddenly while I was getting ready to fight a huge arse boss, and then its all, credits time!
I reserved the game too even :/
Online play is darn great though, but I kinda wish they went nuts with the online play and scrapped the story mode.
Heck I'd love to see some multiplayer style FPS games like Quake 3 arean or something.

Anyway, this game should be decent enough.
I'm gonna give it a try.
Ya, just need a gun and things to shoot.
I'm just glad FPS games are getting Wii ports these days. They seemed to just skip it during the first year or two.

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The game looks good of corse not as good as others FPS(is on Wii what you can expect) but is better than the counduit and can be played with the GC controller and the story is about the Bermuda triangle which is interesting and we Puerto Rico are a corner of the triangle

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking pretty nice, not the most graphically impressive but it's by far not the worst. Hopefully they'll be a dump soon
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it