NEW Wii..Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by konuoha, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010
  1. konuoha
    OP

Newcomer konuoha Member

United States
    Hello, I just bought a wii from my malaysian friends and the wii already has some of the channels required to play back-ups. Every tutorial I go to is giving me confusing concepts like soft/hard mod etc. It seems like I am in the middle of the process of being able to be play back-ups, but no tutorial caters to that.

So, I have waninkoko's usb loader channel , the homebrew channel and the channel that allows u to play burned discs. I need to know what to do be able to play back-ups using the usb loader. please give step by step instructions including the software required and where to place it.

BTW I am a complete noob when it comes to using a modified wii .And yes, I have checked elsewhere for instructions, so don't give me links unless you have some extra info.

THANK YOU

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Then before you do anything.

Have a lecture on

"BOOTMII" (For a safe wii backup, in case of bricking)

and-

"CIOS INSTALLATION" (and how do they work)

Really, if you get those things clear, everything┬┤s going to be easier..

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
  4. konuoha
    OP

Newcomer konuoha Member

United States
    thanks i'll check that out, btw can you tell me the difference betweenn soft/hard modding

5. konuoha
    OP

Newcomer konuoha Member

United States

OK Thanks, Im looking at it now, ill write on ur page if i need help

6. w!!

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Soft mod means using only software to modify the wii. Hard mod means using hardware like wode or wii key to physically modify the wii. This is one of the most basic concepts/terms in this scene. I'd follow the bootmii/backup recommendations above and be sure you understand the terminology/concepts before doing this by yourself.

I've seen many people reply on here that following the Complete Softmod Guide from start to finish as if you had a completely unmodified wii works just fine.