New Wii Channel Let Your feelings be know PAL User

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ih8crouch, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ih8crouch
    OP

Member ih8crouch GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The new wii vote channel is completely random and at the moment seems pointless, but it could yet prove to be of some worth...in the suggest a question thing send in a question saying "why o why does an english speaking nation i.e the UK have to wait for NTSC american games to be translated into a language that we dont need?" lets blitz em with this crap just for the hell of it, what harm will it do to let them know how poo it is that we have to wait for games for stupid amount of months when there is NO NEED AT ALL!!!!

2. coops024

Member coops024 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    As far as Im aware, its not just translation that causes the delay. as you say theres nothing but a few slang words to change ...

I'm told (by someone in avaition security of all places) that its the UK's rating system that causes the delay

The US uses the ESRB rating I think and were governed by the VGSC (Video Games Standards Council) (who take ages)

Its the same reason we have to wait months for some films that have been shown in America already !

This is by no means gospal .. but it does make sense !

Just my two pence !

Still its worth using your idea to ask Nintendo why they cant submit the game for rating before they do to america (might even cut down on piracy !)

3. ih8crouch
    OP

Member ih8crouch GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Aye, i agree with that mate...only reason ive got systems hacked is because i get sick of waiting for games if they were released world wide at same time would be no issue with me. Bring on a chip that allows imports or a wiiloader(will never happen [​IMG] )

4. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    they should just leave all games in English (translate only games for little kids) cuz everyone is learning english nowadays in the 1st grade ! (at least here in germany, and in most other parts of Europ ... ok except france maybe)

All those European releases are just stupid ... there is no reason to translate the games, especially cuz the translations mostly suck so badly ! Its bets like with Megaman for NGC just to let the english translation and do no others

But yeah with that rating systems that takes even longer all the time ...

now that there is in Germany a new law that will forbit the sell a game with the slightest bit of violence to non adults it will take even longer cuz those testers will have to complete any game to be sure that there really is no violence ...

5. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    As stated they could easily submit the game early! Its more that they don't want to be pouring their marketing efforts etc into 2 different places at once. So they launch in the US and japan and then when thats past the early stages of launch, it'll come over here too.

6. captain^k

Member captain^k GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Call me crazy, but I am happy to wait for them to translate the game in to Spanish etc. for a PAL release [​IMG]