Hacking Homebrew New Website Showing Android Ports Coming to PS Vita by Rinnegatamante

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
vitadb has new released the old DOS game Death Rally from 1996, ported to Vita. Its from coder 'enriquesomolinos'. Million thanks for this new PC port. I will test it later with PS3 controller. And lets hope we also get a port of Carmageddon soon.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe this could help the coders community.

SIN used Quake II engine it was never ported to any console, would be a big highlight on the Vita system.
Found maybe the Source Code for SIN maybe usefull.

https://github.com/jimdose/SiN_110_Source
This is the source code to Ritual Entertainment's game SiN.
and this here :
http://ritualistic.chrissstrahl.de/downloads/SIN/utillity/

And maybe found Blood 2 Source Code, also a highlight that was never find a way to any console.

https://github.com/videogamepreservation/blood2
https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-29183/Blood-2-Source-Code

No one Lives Forever from the Blood creators is also somewhere on the internet.

NO ONE LIVES FOREVER
Source Code v1.003
May 15, 2001

https://github.com/osgcc/no-one-lives-forever

It would be all a great highlight. The Source Code is the first step.

Reactions: SuperDan

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its better than the boring final version. And mostly all Maps are playable. But it also based on the Unreal engine, maybe with this source code its possible to play other games to.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New release of a PC DOS game ported for vita system, Ultima 7, from author einmueller. I have not tested so far. Million thanks to the coder for this port.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
New release of a PC DOS game ported for vita system, Ultima 7, from author einmueller. I have not tested so far. Million thanks to the coder for this port.
A very cool release, but it's MIDI-only as it doesn't support the audio packs. It loads them, but you really don't want to do that (at this stage - hopefully).

edit: I'm pretty sure the PC Exult build I played some time ago didn't behave this way, but the Vita one seemingly doesn't let you unskip the opening cutscene/dialog section - you save the skip on off, and after restarting the game it's back on again. I hope that's a bug, because I don't like it.
Its better than the boring final version.
Uh... yeah, no. I was there for the 2001 trailer, I still watch it from time to time, I get the nostalgia, but that game (still) doesn't exist.

Last edited by such,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will test it later. Thanks for the information. But is music in midi format still working, but not the pack files ? And please tell me what are you using (Vita system, PS3 or PS4 controller) to try to skip the intro ?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Just to be clear: I'm trying to change the default option to skip the intro so that the intro does play, i.e. I'm trying NOT to skip the intro. That's on the Vita.
I will test it later. Thanks for the information. But is music in midi format still working, but not the pack files ? And please tell me what are you using (Vita system, PS3 or PS4 controller) to try to skip the intro ?
The music works fine out of the box apk. If you go to the Exult download page you'll find the "audio data packs" section(s) and those are basically someone recording all the MIDI through a proper sound card (i.e. Roland MT-32) and making that available so that even if you don't have said proper sound card you can still have the audio one would produce in-game. It'd be especially useful on something like the Vita, actually.

The Vita port does load those digital packs - it's still Exult after all - but the audio skips pretty badly, so there's no point in using them. Maybe a bit of OC would help, but it's not my thing.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can think of several Android games that I think would make for good Vita ports that aren’t on the list though I’m guessing they can’t work? Sonic 4, Contra Remake, Afterburner Climax, Megaman X Dive, Sonic Forces, and Mario Kart Tour to name a few.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of several Android games that I think would make for good Vita ports that aren’t on the list though I’m guessing they can’t work? Sonic 4, Contra Remake, Afterburner Climax, Megaman X Dive, Sonic Forces, and Mario Kart Tour to name a few.
Which Sonic 4? If Mario Run is impossible then Mario Kart Tour isn't as well.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News