Homebrew New ways to homebrew on 10.7?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! But aperently one of my friends got cubic ninja as a joke gift for Christmas 2013! I'll ask him if I could borrow it. But do you know any ways I should try to prevent a brick for my second try at a downgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the help! But aperently one of my friends got cubic ninja as a joke gift for Christmas 2013! I'll ask him if I could borrow it. But do you know any ways I should try to prevent a brick for my second try at a downgrade
Well, if you can get your hands on that game, completely forget my advice and setup NinjHax the normal way for 10.7, and use the build of sysUpdater I attached in that other post (if I didn't, or you can't download it, just tell me and I'll attach it again to this post). Then, welcome to 9.2!

EDIT: sysUpdater on 10.7 is super™ stable (it actually is). So don't worry. The biggest danger is yourself, you have to be positive that you're making no mistakes. If you don't, everything will be smooth like Link, sailing away from Outset Island....

EDIT 2:
Browserhax may be back sooner than you think. yellows8 has been researching how to crash webkit (which has a ton of vulnerabilities, mind you) in a useful way.
I was actually being a complete fool when I said that. Holes in webkit are very common. MenuHax is the one I really don't see coming back any time soon.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people keep searching for webkit bugs, and find them, wouldn't that mean Nintendo would fix them? What if we need to find webkit bugs on the NX or some other system that also uses it and we're all out of exploits by then?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people keep searching for webkit bugs, and find them, wouldn't that mean Nintendo would fix them? What if we need to find webkit bugs on the NX or some other system that also uses it and we're all out of exploits by then?
Oh Christ, webkit bugs always exist and are inevitable. You simply cannot escape them. And as for the whole "all out of exploits" statement, we'll never run out of exploits. Even the most tirelessly working people on the planet can't write 100% unexploitable code. It'll never happen. Something will crash or act strange, Mr. Hacker over here will say "that doesn't look quite right", and Mr. Hacker will start reverse engineering, find a bug, exploit it, wait for it to be patched, then release the exploit!

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is why people don't post their WIP exploits here at GBATEMP, they share it privately or via IRC until it's ready for release, this way Nintendo can only patch it after release, not before. As for how this affects other systems... Well, we don't really care. The NX is a rumoured console, it doesn't matter right now how exploitable it will be (And being a Nintendo console, probably some release of Smash for it will be vulnerable), the 3DS homebrew scene cares about 3DS exploits, and that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?