Homebrew New ways to homebrew on 10.7?

Mariosl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I idiotically bricked my 3ds. I had to update to 10.7. Now there's no way to get on homebrew with out having ninjahax or oothax. Does anyone know if its possible that there may be a possible new way to get on homebrew. If there might never be a new way should i just update whenever Nintendo releases a new update?

Last edited by Mariosl10,

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you have a n3ds, smashhax works, too. I find this interesting - we have downgrade possibilities on 10.7 but it's been a longt time ago when the last game hax was released, maybe no one is searching or can't find exploits

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashbroshax is notorious for not being compatible with sysUpdater (any build), and Cubic Ninja (NinjHax) is way too expensive, so I'd say:

1.) Run smashbroshax and install OOT3DHax to an OOT 3D cartridge.
2.) Run OOT3DHax and downgrade.

EDIT: In case you don't have it, I'm attaching a build of sysUpdater for 10.7.

Attachments

• sysUpdater 10.7 to 9.2.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I know of an exploit being developed through an "Interesting" entrypoint.
Just wait a few weeks, if browserhax isn't back by then, then maybe that one will be ;)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, if you cannot wait, just buy OOT from Gamestop for 20 bux, and use it with Smash Hax. After you're done with OOT, just return it to Gamestop, or keep it. It's a neat game to have a physical copy of anyway, it'll probably be worth a shit ton in 5 to 10 years.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of an exploit being developed through an "Interesting" entrypoint.
Just wait a few weeks, if browserhax isn't back by then, then maybe that one will be ;)
I think this time, things will be different. BrowserHax and MenuHax, I believe, are going to be gone for far longer than everyone seems to think.

Reactions: codeluca

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this time, things will be different. BrowserHax and MenuHax, I believe, are going to be gone for far longer than everyone seems to think.
Maybe, even if they dont come back, there are a few exploitable games not patched yet, and Download Play also has vulnerabilities.
Homebrew access will be on 10.7 soon enough, just wait :P

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, even if they dont come back, there are a few exploitable games not patched yet, and Download Play also has vulnerabilities.
Homebrew access will be on 10.7 soon enough, just wait :P
There are surely exploitable games out (like the one Smea is rumored to be working on). I've never heard of the download play vulnerability, would you briefly tell me about it?

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may need to pick one up, i have an issue where my sky3ds wont load on one of my sons 2ds's but works on everything else. But yet any other cart we have works in that 2ds.

D

Deleted User

I may need to pick one up, i have an issue where my sky3ds wont load on one of my sons 2ds's but works on everything else. But yet any other cart we have works in that 2ds.
Odd! By the way, you need to have a powersave or be able to gain access to homebrew to install OOThax

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashbroshax is notorious for not being compatible with sysUpdater (any build), and Cubic Ninja (NinjHax) is way too expensive, so I'd say:

1.) Run smashbroshax and install OOT3DHax to an OOT 3D cartridge.
2.) Run OOT3DHax and downgrade.

EDIT: In case you don't have it, I'm attaching a build of sysUpdater for 10.7.
Bummer. I was plan on getting smashhax working so I could downgrade too. I couldn't even get the smashhaxhelper working anyways :(

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
There are surely exploitable games out (like the one Smea is rumored to be working on). I've never heard of the download play vulnerability, would you briefly tell me about it?
Oh, i wasnt supposed to say that then, maybe not everyone knows about it i guess :P
It works through ROP and a buffer overflow. I honestly know more about the game exploit than the Download Play one.
What game is smea working on?

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.