1. StriderVM

OP StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Yes, I do understand about the guide at https://3ds.hacks.guide/

But the guide seems to be using Luma3DS installed on sysNAND. I just want to use an autoloading CFW that also loads an emuNAND (I'm paranoid to brick my system so I'm keeping the sysNAND at 4.X and keep the tinkering on the emuNAND.

So, what part of the guide so I need to change? Any suggestions for a CFW that does what I want? I last hacked by O3DS more than two years ago and is still using a non autoload rxTools using a 4.X payload to manually load. So it has an emuNAND updated to 10.X I think.

Last edited by StriderVM, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    I am going to tell you this. Almost nobody is going to help you with setting up luma and EmuNAND these days because:
    1. There is no way to brick just by using luma.
    2. If you do a NAND backup, you can always use that to "unbrick".
    2. You can always unbrick as long as you have NTRBoot compatible flashcard.

But I am sure that you can find somebody, who remembers how EmuNAND and luma worked and is willing to help you. But it is really pointless.

Also, you should not have to change any part of the guide. Once you install luma to SysNAND, you just enable booting to EmuNAND and do rest of the things there (my uneducated guess).

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Feb 17, 2019
  3. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Fan

Hong Kong
    Pressing L and powering on luma @ b9s, u will enter your previous emunand.
    Remember to backup all card content b4 installing CFW.

4. StriderVM

OP StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Oh that I did not know that Luma3DS has support for emuNAND. I'll just try to read some more. Thanks. =)

EDIT : I should have read more. Luma3DS has option to boot immediately to emuNAND. There's actually no need for me worrying. =P

Last edited by StriderVM, Feb 17, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - autobooting, updated, emuNAND