Hacking New update for 3DS EU doesn´t disable flashcarts.

Bi99uy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo. I managed to get a european 3DS a tad early, and just wanted to say that the update that is avaible (1.1.0-1E) doesn´t brick you system if you have used a flashcart and that my EZVI still works as well as ever. Oh and you get an video aswell, but not that fancy medley the japanese got. Insted you are treated to som scenery, som extreme sports and stuff like that, looks pretty spiffy.

And the 3DS didn´t autoupdate, instead it said that an update was waiting, just like the Wii.
I guess this is all old news, but hopefully it will end all the silly rumours that are going around.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noooooooooo. i was so happy about the 3d mario medley
frown.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno man, you probably just got flagged for a future ban wave. Probably right before Christmas, so they get a boost in sales.
unsure.gif

j/k, thanks for taking the risk with your system

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Here's what Nintendo UK Say about System Updates:
QUOTE said:
24/03/2011
About Nintendo 3DS system updates

Nintendo constantly aims to improve the functionality of its consoles and services in order to provide the most comfortable, user-friendly experience possible. As a part of these efforts, we are making Nintendo 3DS system software updates available for download via the Internet.

We recommend that you always keep your system current with the latest available version of the system software. To update your system, follow the steps below:

1. Open the System Settings from the HOME Menu.
2. Select OTHER SETTINGS.
3. Scroll to the right and select SYSTEM UPDATE.

Please note that a wireless Internet connection is required in order to update.

The latest available version of the system software is 1.1.0-1.

Version 1.1.0-1 includes the following features:

3D video
As a special gift, we have included a 3D video for you to enjoy.
System stability improvements
Improvements to overall system stability, enhancing the user experience.
SpotPass upgrade
Expanded functionality for receiving notifications and other data.
Enhanced network connection functionality
Improvements to allow communication with some wireless Internet access points that were previously unavailable.
Additional features such as the Internet browser and Nintendo eShop will be made available with future updates.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks man
i am getting my 3ds the day after tomorrow cause tomorrow the shops are closed for a special celebration
so i will be testing my 3ds with a flashcard as soon as i get it
but you just made my day with your post
smile.gif

Bi99uy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and while the flashcart shows up as "Tak" in the activity monitor, you do have the option of deleting it, which renders the whole "Stores wont acccept systems with flashcarts used on them" point moot.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Bi99uy said:
Oh, and while the flashcart shows up as "Tak" in the activity monitor, you do have the option of deleting it, which renders the whole "Stores wont acccept systems with flashcarts used on them" point moot.
Thanks for that.
Pity it won't stop the paranoid people from coming up with their crazy theories.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Off-topic, but a bunch of people here have seemed to have gotten a 3DS almost 2 days before its release.

Is it really that easy to get one early? Here in the US, it is impossible unless you work for a game store and steal it or something.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
heartgold said:
What update?

Unless mine updated automatically?
unsure.gif

It doesn't do it automagically, go to your settings and bottom-right button, then 4th screen to update.

QUOTE(awssk8er @ Mar 24 2011, 08:31 PM) Off-topic, but a bunch of people here have seemed to have gotten a 3DS almost 2 days before its release.

Is it really that easy to get one early? Here in the US, it is impossible unless you work for a game store and steal it or something.
Apparently NoE gave permission to some stores to sell them today.
Don't know the logic behind that, but there you go.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you enable Spotpass, it can update "Automagically" actually. It'll automatically update when the system is in sleep mode. Clearly not a smart thing to enable if you intend to use flashcarts.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOOOOO???????????? It this a confirmation that means the EZVi works perfectly with the newest 3DS firmware? And will not brick OR disable the 3DS ??????

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haddad said:
SOOOOO???????????? It this a confirmation that means the EZVi works perfectly with the newest 3DS firmware? And will not brick OR disable the 3DS ??????
I had no doubt about this. Rumors are still rumors ...

And to quote Another World :
QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 23 2011, 02:12 AM) there was a site that reported some japanese site had a screen shot of a bricked unit, i can't recall ever finding that screen shot.

i don't think it is in their best interest to brick a system. what if this is their plan to stop piracy and add a new service users can pay for? $100 unbricking service! lol.

the flash kit teams have their kits working on the 3ds and not one of these teams has reported a bricked 3ds. thats something to consider.

-another world

@Bi99uy : thanks for the report.
wink.gif

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mbmax said:
haddad said:
I had no doubt about this. Rumors are still rumors ...

And to quote Another World :
QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 23 2011, 02:12 AM) there was a site that reported some japanese site had a screen shot of a bricked unit, i can't recall ever finding that screen shot.

i don't think it is in their best interest to brick a system. what if this is their plan to stop piracy and add a new service users can pay for? $100 unbricking service! lol.

the flash kit teams have their kits working on the 3ds and not one of these teams has reported a bricked 3ds. thats something to consider.

-another world

Sweet! I am getting my US 3DS ine about 2 days, and I dont know if I am ready to use flashcards yet lol.

I think all of us are waiting here is for "breaking news! 3DS has been confirmed to NOT disable/brick itself if a flashcard is used on it"

We are all waiting for a 100% confirmation like that lol

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Xuphor said:
If you enable Spotpass, it can update "Automagically" actually. It'll automatically update when the system is in sleep mode. Clearly not a smart thing to enable if you intend to use flashcarts.
You gots this in provin'?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Xuphor said:
You gots this in provin'?

Been well known for a long time.
http://gizbuy.com/2010/10/03/nintendo-3ds-...ing-and-cracks/
"The SpotPass on 3DS can seek out WiFi signal automatically and download firmware updates,"

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/09/s...nnect24_for_3ds
"SpotPass allows the 3DS to seek out new information simply by being in Sleep Mode near a WiFi hotspot."

That's just two of the many many websites saying that, even Nintendo.com mentions it.
Seriosuly, you're on this site a lot, you should know this by now.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
pics or it didn't happen.
tongue.gif

EDIT: ninja'd. damn slow shoddy connection. but that link has no source.
tongue.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Xuphor said:
Been well known for a long time.
http://gizbuy.com/2010/10/03/nintendo-3ds-...ing-and-cracks/
"The SpotPass on 3DS can seek out WiFi signal automatically and download firmware updates,"

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/09/s...nnect24_for_3ds
"SpotPass allows the 3DS to seek out new information simply by being in Sleep Mode near a WiFi hotspot."

That's just two of the many many websites saying that, even Nintendo.com mentions it.
Seriosuly, you're on this site a lot, you should know this by now.
Updates to game content, not system updates.
Nintendo said it was just for surprise DLC, not to push system updates.

I'll test out your theory when I get mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended