Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's one reason I stick with emuNAND, even though I have A9LH. The only real advantage right now in switching to sysNAND entirely is no more double DSiWare and GBA installs. That and maybe ever so slightly faster load times into NAND.
Can you explain exactly what A9LH lets you do, compared to a normal CFW? So can you update your system whenever you want, whichever way you want (through Settings, eShop, or whatever), on sysNAND, and unsigned stuff will still work? Or is it purely just the same as using CFW except faster to boot (so still with emuNANDs etc and if sysNAND is updated past 9.2 then it will no longer work)?

I couldn;t find any threads explaining, maybe because the people with enough knowledge to get A9LH working already know what it's good for, and the plebs who aren't going to do it don't need to know :P

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain exactly what A9LH lets you do, compared to a normal CFW? So can you update your system whenever you want, whichever way you want (through Settings, eShop, or whatever), on sysNAND, and unsigned stuff will still work? Or is it purely just the same as using CFW except faster to boot (so still with emuNANDs etc and if sysNAND is updated past 9.2 then it will no longer work)?

I couldn;t find any threads explaining, maybe because the people with enough knowledge to get A9LH working already know what it's good for, and the plebs who aren't going to do it don't need to know :P

Basically A9LH gives you Arm9 Kernel right at boot, before the FIRMs are decrypted. This provides full privileges on Sysnand regardless of system version, 100% and faster boot rate for Emunand, and even brick recovery. I believe, when it's fully developed, you might be able to update Sysnand however you want safely.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Basically A9LH gives you Arm9 Kernel right at boot, before the FIRMs are decrypted. This provides full privileges on Sysnand regardless of system version, 100% and faster boot rate for Emunand, and even brick recovery. I believe, when it's fully developed, you might be able to update Sysnand however you want safely.
Wow, that's great! Thanks for replying. Why do people bother with emuNANDs then? I guess to protect against installing anything corrupted?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that's great! Thanks for replying. Why do people bother with emuNANDs then? I guess to protect against installing anything corrupted?
Yeah, besides that, at this point you cannot boot your 3ds without the SD card inserted with a firmware.bin already in it.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the new update makes menuhax useless? I have my sysNAND at 9.2 unlinked to my RX tools 2.6 emuNAND 10.5, is it safe to upgrade the software in emuNAND rxtools or no? My only way to launch homebrew is holding the L button by menuhax.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating emunand is safe, because updating your emunand does nothing to affect what happens on sysnand, and sysnand is where your menuhax lives.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating emunand is safe, because updating your emunand does nothing to affect what happens on sysnand, and sysnand is where your menuhax lives.
So if I update my rx tools in emuNAND to 10.6, nothing is going to happen and not cancel menuhax, my only way to launch homebrew in sysNAND 9.2? Thanks

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I update my rx tools in emuNAND to 10.6, nothing is going to happen and not cancel menuhax, my only way to launch homebrew in sysNAND 9.2? Thanks
Correct. Sysnand is sysnand and emunand is emunand. They're basically 2 separate consoles that just so happen to live on the same hardware.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Exactly. You will still have menuhax in your 9.2 sysnand and it will work just fine. While it does mean you won't be able to use menuhax in emunand it doesn't really matter as most people just install and use the HBL .cia for emunand. Emunand is completely separate from your sysnand (assuming you unlinked them like you are supposed to).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.6 emunand not working on new 3ds xl with gateway 3.7.1
Yes it does.

If they did this update means that someone has found a few hacks to 10.5? :unsure:
Well, menuhax still worked AFAIK and that was fixed with this update.

And of course my dumbass friend who was using menuhax updated even tho I told him not to -_-

Was using menuhax but didn't have an emunand?

Gateway dont even support 10.5 or 10.6 yet
They have for quite a while now... (10.6 still worked right out of the box. No GW update required).

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm a little confuzzled on 2 probably simple things. I updated the hbl.cia in emunand and it now loads 2.6 but opening hbl from the boot manager still loads 2.5. I'm using grid launcher and have it renamed to bhbl because a tutorial I followed to set up cfw said to, so I had to edit the path of hbl.cia to bhbl to get it working.
Also when turning on the 3ds right before boot manager starts it flashes the text 2.5 beta. Will that always be normal or should it say 2.6 or something...

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm a little confuzzled on 2 probably simple things. I updated the hbl.cia in emunand and it now loads 2.6 but opening hbl from the boot manager still loads 2.5. I'm using grid launcher and have it renamed to bhbl because a tutorial I followed to set up cfw said to, so I had to edit the path of hbl.cia to bhbl to get it working.
Also when turning on the 3ds right before boot manager starts it flashes the text 2.5 beta. Will that always be normal or should it say 2.6 or something...
mabey because the fucking boot loader uses the .3dx files not the cia to boot? its not that fucking hard to figure out man

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i really dont get all the griping about them calling it stability updates when they literally fix vulnerabilities in their code, thus preventing unstable and exploitable states.
the fact that no one would happen on those instabilities just by chance doesn't change that it's literally what they do.

ChainsawPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i really dont get all the griping about them calling it stability updates when they literally fix vulnerabilities in their code, thus preventing unstable and exploitable states.
the fact that no one would happen on those instabilities just by chance doesn't change that it's literally what they do.

If Nintendo stated that firmware version X had a vulnerability and that it was fixed in version Y, people could choose to stay on version X and research that vulnerability. And that'd be a big flub for them if nobody found any vulnerabilities until then.

"Hey guys, Ninty said that version X has a vulnerability! Let's look into it for nefarious, evil, homebrew reasons"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY