Hacking New Update 10.6.0-31 Out Now

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Not at the time we couldnt. It was literally the night 10.3 came out an all haxx were broken or w/e
I just tested this and my custom theme stayed on 10.6 ;O;
(now to re-write my nand backup ;U; )
Did you install your custom theme through menuhax or chmm before updating?

Is that if you have menuhax installed beforehand or just themes through CHMM2? Also, would I just have to reinstall them with it?

May be that the theme is only wiped when installed with menuhax on sysnand, if someone can confirm it.
If your theme is changed to default, you'll need oothax or ninjhax to run chmm2 (if it is still compatible with 10.6).

Maybe menuhax is patched but we are able to set custom themes through chmm2

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you install your custom theme through menuhax or chmm before updating?

May be that the theme is only wiped when installed with menuhax on sysnand, if someone can confirm it.
If your theme is changed to default, you'll need oothax or ninjhax to run chmm2 (if it is still compatible with 10.6).

Maybe menuhax is patched but we are able to set custom themes through chmm2
CHMM through Homebrew Launcher

Reactions: Arubaro

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
For anyone who've been out of the scene for a while, I just made a video on how to set up RxTools so that you can update your emuNAND to 10.6.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
EUR o3DS
From 10.5 to 10.6 Emunand
CFW / Flashcard? - GATEWAY v3.7.1
Update worked? - YES
=== Since NFC / IR got updated ===

NFC reader/writer Updated? - No Update
NFC reader/writer working? - YES
Amiiqo / N2Elite working? - YES

Last edited by DarkIrata,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a forced update for online play and NNID logins like 10.5 was?
except it isn't, at least for online play. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/10.6.0-31
Titles which uses friend-services(online multiplayer included) are not affected by this, since the friend-sysmodule wasn't updated. As long as the installed friend-module is for 10.5.0-30 no sysupdate-required message will be displayed with using friend-service functionality.

Reactions: Supster131

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
I don't seem to be able to install the Spider Browser on 10.6

Doing so just makes a notification appear saying to perform system update to 'fix' it.

So yeah, if you want to hack pokemon it seems you have to use savedaterfiler now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the only thing i must fear is if nintendo manages to update sysnand while on emunand

As far as I know this isn't possible.

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
The only way potentially Nintendo could stop updating through normal means is to change the updater itself.

If it booted to system recovery, then updated it could force sysnand to update and erase emunand completely.

The only thing is they would have to quietly put out a prior update that changed system update to do that before releasing another one that actually does it, and by that point the piracy community will already be fully aware of it. There are homebrew apps that can update Emunand so it really wouldn't cause much of a problem outside of a few people that jump into it without thinking.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eh. I mean I can understand where you're coming from with this as I can't say it's been enjoyable for me either, but it's like you still got to understand it from Nintendo's perspective. They're a company in the business of making money. No wonder they're cracking down on homebrew and kernel exploits. If they were fine with giving their products away, they might was well slap a free price tag on their boxes with the words "please buy me I'm free" on it.

If they were really doing this for the money, they would publicly release the SDK and have a service to get your software verified, officially signed, and put on the eShop for a nominal dev account price and 30% of price if you make a paid app... oh, almost like they're doing for WiiU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY