New U-disk V4.2(+ loader V4.2A) available

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by rosesjaunes, Aug 9, 2006.

Aug 9, 2006
  1. rosesjaunes
    OP

rosesjaunes Newbie

From their log:

"1)Improve the compatibility of the software reset function."

2. jpx86

Newcomer jpx86 Advanced Member

can someone post 4.0c chinese firmware?

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    A lot of updates have been coming out recently, great support [​IMG]

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Software reset for Mario Kart still doesn't work. And Extended Moonshell still doesn't work for me...

5. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It was so nice of them to update the software on the same day that my G6 arrived in my mailbox. [​IMG]

6. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I didn't get the point of having both Moonshell and the Extended Moonshell both on the cart, so I took the Extend version out. Anyone know if there's anything particularly special about the extend one? I liked the regular one cause I'm able to skin it, the PSP skin looks really nice. :D

7. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Yeah, the extend version seems to be optimized for the G6, and many movie files play much better on it. (As an example.) I haven't had much time to play with it (maybe TheSpade will comment), but it's an improvement over regular moonshell for sure.

8. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Did the go back to the better looking text based top loader?

9. Vulpix
    OP

Vulpix Newbie

Where is the official G6 chinese website?

10. dfi

Newcomer dfi Member

United States
    Hmm, this latest loader v4.2a seems to break compatibility with racing gears advance. the previous loader (v4.1b) worked fine...

11. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I didn't notice the better performance, guess I'll give it another shot. The problem with it is that it comes in a single dat file (as far as I can tell) so there is no way to edit the ini file to customize it and no way to skin it. [​IMG]

I found in the help file that you can add custom skins and global.ini file if you put them in a System folder. I'll give it a try.

Alright I was able to customize the 3 large background images but when I tried to add a custom global.ini it caused the program to freeze and not boot. I wanted to change some of the image viewer settings, it's not very good with the default setup. Guess I'll stick to the real moonshell for some functions.

12. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

I was using Loader v4.2A and Puyo Pop Fever (US) would lock up if you would let the intro play. Also Metroid Prime Pinball (US) would lock up if you let the demo play.

I went back to Loader v4.2 and they play now. I did have problems getting Puyo Pop Fever to even play before till I tried the latest U-disk V4.2. I was using 4.1F before. I also noticed that even with Loader v4.2, Metroid Prime Pinball (US) has given me some error saying. DS Card was removed. Please power off system. I think I flashed it with U-disk V4.1F though. I will try to reflash it. It has done this twice. I did reinsert the Flash cart and it seems to be working fine now but I think I will reflash it with U-disk V4.2. Is there a especific setting that this game needs?

13. mikehammerX9

Member mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Where can i get 4.2 (not 4.2A) loader? [​IMG]